Topic: Don't count on oil going down spectacularly anytime soon.  (Read 921 times)

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
Don't count on oil going down spectacularly anytime soon.
« on: August 19, 2005, 01:07:10 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/weeklystandard/20050816/cm_weeklystandard/oilspushandpull;_ylt=App6Ryw62IRxWGZ5Lcnj0Wn9wxIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Iran takes a special spotlight as we focus on them and their WMDs they are trying or already have built.

Ecuador is a mess, they are really socking it to their production.

Nigeria always makes the news, strikes as usual. What are they paying those guys over there? Peanuts?

Iraq, now there is a subject. With all these federal contracts going out and troopies protecting the recipients, guess what? BP and Shell and other oil giants are NOT there! They are waiting until a new govt. comes along and they have MUCH better security. Until then they are saying "No way."

Still 2 1/2 months left on hurricane season. One major gulf hurricane will send prices right back up.

Last but not least, fall is approaching and winter not too far behind. Norway and Britain will be hard hit by storms during that time as usual.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Don't count on oil going down spectacularly anytime soon.
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 01:21:18 pm »
I find it odd the story that Iraq just hit pre-war oil production levels has been ignored in the news.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 01:23:03 pm »
Me too Dracho, I'm just wondering WHO is doing it, since the major companies have not moved in yet. Iraqis oil engineers and workers? That would dispel the myth that our oil companies HAVE to move in and take over.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 01:38:00 pm »
I would suspect the military logistical train is involved.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz