Topic: USS Illustrious retexture WIP  (Read 5955 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
USS Illustrious retexture WIP
« on: September 18, 2005, 06:35:36 pm »
 ;D This is NOT finished yet. I still need to tweak it more and get Kreeargh's blessing for a general release.

I'm not big on Federation ships but this TMP era FASA inspired fan ship is too cool for me not to try a third time to get it the way I want it to be.

I'm using this as my FBCV at the present time.

Perhaps GAFY? or ModelsPlease (please both check your e-mail) will be able to take this a step further than I have it here. It needs some additional rear lighting and nacelle registries to match the saucer. :

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: USS Illustrious retexture WIP
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 06:40:50 pm »
It is a good start.

I will warn you now though that that large blur area will show every misaligned poly that there is there, I learned that the hard way one day.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 06:59:15 pm »
Looking pretty cool KF !!!!

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 07:46:21 pm »
It is a good start.

I will warn you now though that that large blur area will show every misaligned poly that there is there, I learned that the hard way one day.

I fixed the window blurs on the saucer's edges but I'm at my skill limit with this ship, time for me to pass her on to somebody who can finish the job right.

Qapla!

KF
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 08:23:55 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 04:13:19 am »
I like it overall, but it feels to me the warps are too far out... the pylons are too long.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 04:04:21 pm »
I like it overall, but it feels to me the warps are too far out... the pylons are too long.

The ship looks fine to me ;) It's based on this FASA Trek fan made ship which a physical model was built....

http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/federation/illustrious_fanship.html

Standard Schematic:

http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/federation/illustrious_fanship.gif

Physical Model:

http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/federation/illustrious_small4.gif

3D render:

http://www.sub-odeon.com/stsstcsmua/federation/illustrious_small2.gif

KF
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 05:24:39 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline fourteen

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • KandC's web site
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 06:22:41 pm »
did a version of that myself, belive it is floating around somewhere over at battleclinic

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 06:34:26 pm »
did a version of that myself, belive it is floating around somewhere over at battleclinic

;D I like your version too fourteen. I once again thank you for your retexture and Kreeargh for making and releasing this fine ship.

However, I was merely trying to update a similar VARIANT of the Illustrious I put up at SFU over a year ago...

I like the Illustrious concept, but I'm not 100% sold on the original vanilla flavored version. It's kind of like the STOCK FBB where the concept is sound but the ORGINAL version is not up to speed with all the other cool models that are out there.

Qapla!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 08:43:35 pm »
 ;D

Some updated pics...

I'm going with the USS America now for this Illustrious class retexture using primarily GAFY? (USS America) and Wicked Zombie's (USS Lexington) textures.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 09:33:15 pm »
excellent.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 11:02:18 pm »
Well, the warp pylons look spindly and all. The rest of the ship is this solid robust tough looking thing, then there you go using those flimsy warp pylons. I'm telling you that part just doesnt sit well with me, but thats me. ;) I'd put in a pylon that meant business. One that makes a statement. Something mean looking to match the rest of the ship... Yeah...

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 11:40:48 pm »
Well, the warp pylons look spindly and all. The rest of the ship is this solid robust tough looking thing, then there you go using those flimsy warp pylons. I'm telling you that part just doesnt sit well with me, but thats me. ;) I'd put in a pylon that meant business. One that makes a statement. Something mean looking to match the rest of the ship... Yeah...

You could swap them out with a set from the Belknap to give them more beef.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 12:25:04 am »
Personally, it think that a ship that is named USS America should have NCC-1776 as it's registry number.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 08:36:43 am »
You know, i was thinking that too, lol.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 09:20:12 am »
Very nice, I can't wait to see her in action.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 11:12:23 am »
Personally, it think that a ship that is named USS America should have NCC-1776 as it's registry number.

;D That would make sense.

Perhaps GAFY? could make the saucer/nacelle registries read that way.

Sorry, I can't do that.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 11:16:45 am »
send it to me when you are done I can fix the registries
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 11:33:38 am »

I'm not a kitbasher so I can't do that. I did try standard Connie nacelle textures which did make the pylons wider looking but were to plain vanillla looking for me. I will include them as an alternate texture set if there is any interest in them.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 11:42:07 am »
The more I look at it, the more I like it.  Just the way it is.

Very nice!  ;) :thumbsup:
The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline fourteen

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • KandC's web site
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 01:04:34 am »
  Are the engines on yours stock? or did you put differnt engines on it? Also like what you did with yours also, always neat to see somebodys else take on a ship. One of these days, when i get time, i plan on getting back into modeling again, never finished a couple of them i really wanted to release.  Looking forward to trying out you model also in game.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 05:55:38 am »
  Are the engines on yours stock? or did you put differnt engines on it? Also like what you did with yours also, always neat to see somebodys else take on a ship. One of these days, when i get time, i plan on getting back into modeling again, never finished a couple of them i really wanted to release.  Looking forward to trying out you model also in game.

fourteen,

The engines are from what came with the model when it was made. The registry was GAFY?'s added by me and the warp glows were alterations from Wicked Zombie's Lexington. The base warp engine colors were from your version of the model.

I have mailed the texture set I've been working with to GAFY?, so the ball is in his court regarding the 1776 registry and any other minor tweaks left to do.

Once that's done, I'll need to update the readme file.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2005, 01:54:30 pm »

I'm not a kitbasher so I can't do that. I did try standard Connie nacelle textures which did make the pylons wider looking but were to plain vanillla looking for me. I will include them as an alternate texture set if there is any interest in them.

KF

Send me the MOD and I'll bash it for ya if ya wanna see what it would look like.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2005, 11:41:46 am »

KF

Send me the MOD and I'll bash it for ya if ya wanna see what it would look like.

MP,

At this point I am opting to decline this kitbash offer. Thank you though for offering. There are still a lot of other ships more worthy of a kitbash than the Illustrious.

Unless GAFY? objects, I will include the standard nacelle style textures borrowed from his Ascension retexture for folks ho want this ship to have a more traditional look. It makes the warp struts look wider than they appear to be in the pictures above, but again, my preference is the Wicked Zombie Lexington style struts as shown above.

Now I'm just waiting for GAFY?....

Qapla!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2005, 07:09:00 pm »
I will post pics later...

I did the registries and there is a problem with the maping I can not fix, don't have Max anymore. I also could not help my self and did some "other" changes as well.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2005, 08:44:24 pm »
I will post pics later...

I did the registries and there is a problem with the maping I can not fix, don't have Max anymore. I also could not help my self and did some "other" changes as well.

Excellent! I look forward to seeing what you've done to the Illustrious.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2005, 09:02:44 am »
 >:( GAFY? I lost the e-mail with the  Illustrious retexture you did! Is there any chance you can post your version up for a general d/l? Kreeargh is ok with this. I like your version a lot and most importantly because  it involves textures from really only one artist YOU.

After all this, I'm going with the USS MacArthur for the personal model I managed to salvage...

Here is the latest version I had BEFORE I lost GAFY?'s retexture:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 06:09:39 pm by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2005, 06:15:51 pm »
Just got back from a trip the version I uploaded to mackies has not lightmaps or readme files. Which is why I left it to your attention to finish. The file is still there as soon as I can remember the link to it I can resend that to you. Once again you will have to finish it up as the file itself is not complete.

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2005, 06:08:02 pm »
I like this model a LOT!  Where can I download it? 

PS.  This will go well with personal FASA mod I'm working on for SFC3.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline J-O-K-E-R

• Veteran Modeler since SFC 1
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Mars Station  A (NON-Canon) Shipyard & Research Facility
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2005, 07:25:23 pm »
;D This is NOT finished yet.

Wass Up Fool? :)

You still moddin around with this game?

How the hell are ya?

Not related to "The_Joker"  :)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2005, 08:10:09 pm »
 :D I've done all I can with her she's available here:

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,8f28fc9b06018d72a7764cae9ce2ba66.zip

In addition to  GAFY?'s USS AMERICA NCC 1776 registry I have included the version I was last working on for laughs and giggles.

Thanks again to GAFY? and the rest of the SFC community who helped with this mini project.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 02:43:28 pm »
Hey KF I started work on Kreeargh's Trident class, ya think you could fix it up like this one ? It's on my page at OutaLance

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005, 07:18:41 pm »
cool ship, can't wait for it to be release