Poll

If you were sitting on the bridge of a starship and this came into sight on your view screen IN THIS ORDER, how would you identify these ships ?

Enterprise E, Enterprise D, Southerland
3 (9.4%)
Southerland, Enterprise E, Enterprise D
2 (6.3%)
Enterprise D, Southerland, Enterprise E
27 (84.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: October 17, 2005, 02:33:11 am

Topic: OT : Proving a Theory ( My Findings 18 Oct 05))  (Read 3889 times)

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
Re: OT : Proving a Theory ( My Findings 18 Oct 05))
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 12:26:57 am »
I posted my opinion, that's all. Sorry that I deviated offtopic.

What was the purpose of this survey, anyway? Just random information?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 12:36:19 am »
THe point of the survey was to soldiify his belief that people tend to identify ships from left to right.

MP, while i pretty much agree with what you say, its still hypothetical, while it is likely that she did indeed identify ships from left to right as most of us did, its still not completely concrete, but what in trek is.

i think i need to reread it when its not 1:30 AM, but i think from the things i understand, i agree.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 08:10:24 am »
I'm sorry, but although I respect people's opinions, is this thread about a theory MP wanted to prove or is it the "Lets bash Trek spinoffs!" thread?

Thanks Chris ..  I agree totally !

While I agree inpart with the point MP was making ...  the point I sort of got out of it was how much easier it was to ID the over all hull class.

At any rate ..  it was a good point to make.  It's interesting to see how differnt people see the same pict .. and walk away with differing reviews.  (Not ment to be critical ...  just an observation)
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Reverend

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005, 09:16:05 pm »
MP, since Western languages read from left to right, we often search.identify left to right. All this for... so very little.

still fun though, and it had spaceships :P

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005, 11:00:42 pm »
F_W and myself had a long discussion about this ship last year, and pretty much came up with nothing really conclusive other than that we thought when our Wolf 359 mission comes out what we would do about that ship. I really didn't give it much thought after that as I had many other projects going on. The other night while watching BoBW (again) I started to re-read the article and the fandom sumation and realized for 5 years ( since that interview) I bought into it. After spending a good amount of time disecting it I discoved what I believed was correct. Then to prove it I made this pathetic lil' pic, basically to convince myself I wasn't nuts and the majority of people viewed it as I did. Maybe not to anyone else, but this has got me to thinking, how many other fanfic/fandom ideas I may have bought into when there might be another answer, possibly a canon one. It isn't about bashing Paramount or B&B, who we all know really cluster F**ked Star Trek, but in all honesty if anyone of US ran our own business like THEY run Star Trek WE would all be collecting unemployment . I don't think B&B ever heard of ATTENTION TO DETAIL  ;). Anyway thanks everyone for helping me with this experiment  :notworthy:

P.S. Hey Miles, one less ship to worry about  ;D

-MP
« Last Edit: October 20, 2005, 03:28:38 am by ModelsPlease »

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 01:21:41 am »
huh?