Topic: Bases Loaded (UPDATED 23 OCT 05) Pic Heavy  (Read 3256 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: Bases Loaded (UPDATED 06 OCT 05) Pic Heavy
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2005, 02:37:10 pm »
Holy moly I can't bash that  :o. Someone's gonna need to build that one.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline DuctTapeWonder

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2005, 02:59:50 pm »
Holy moly I can't bash that  :o. Someone's gonna need to build that one.

LMAO. Me either. Any takers?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005, 12:56:46 pm »
Found this, it may help:

..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Dukrat

• OutaLance - Senior Cheif
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2005, 02:14:49 pm »
...*tries to estimate poly count - goes nutts.  That is going to take some major work, Hope someone does it tho.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: Bases Loaded (UPDATED 23 OCT 05) Pic Heavy
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2005, 09:18:47 pm »
Pearl Class VII Mobile Repair Facility

The first Pearl Class mobile repair facility was commissioned on Stardate 2/1212 to replace the Newport News Class facility, which was not capable of rapid deployment or housing larger ships. 
Unlike the older facility, the Pearl facility was designed to travel under its own power at Warp 6 and has enough internal bay capacity to hold no fewer than two of the Constitution Class cruisers. 
This makes it an asset in forward military operations.
Pearl repair facilities are an integral part of all Star Fleets and accompany them at all times. 
They are the lifeline of the fleet during combat, for they keep all ships operational. 
This ability was used to advantage and was decisive in the Four Years War, in which Newport News facilities were towed close to the front. 
Once in position there, they were able to keep the ships of Star Fleet in constant repair, whereas the Klingons possessed no such facility until after the war.
Nevertheless, the Klingons actually launched the first truly mobile repair facility, the S-8, on Stardate 2/1208; it was this model that inspired the Pearl Class.
The repair facility has the ability to actually manufacture almost all components needed to keep the warships in repair. 
With limited onboard space, the repair facilities are always accompanied by several freighters carrying the spare parts needed. 
When in operation, a Pearl Class facility is surrounded by its compliment of worker bees and manned pods, giving it an appearance reminiscent of a Terran beehive.
Of the 140 mobile repair facilities built, 124 remain in active service, 2 are in reserve fleets, 4 are used by Star Fleet Training Command, 6 have been destroyed, 1 is listed as missing, 2 have been scrapped, and 1 has been sold to a commercial concern.
Pearl Class facilities generally are produced at Morena, though some actually have been built by other Pearl Class facilities.
The production rate for this facility is three per year.
---------------
* Shiplist stats and Ship.EXE included *
** SFB stat sheet(s) included **
---------------
Author : ModelsPlease
Original mesh and texures : P81 and Maddoc Software
Armada to SFC port : Darkdrone
Kitbashed by ; ModelsPlease

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,11a9bacda6b01f1cfe14c1dec3d74936.rar

Another FASA design finished, I did the best I could with what drydocks were available. It looks pretty cool and makes for another alternative to an empty drydock  ;).

Enjoy !!!!
-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Re: Bases Loaded (UPDATED 23 OCT 05) Pic Heavy
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2005, 05:23:58 am »
 ;D That is a very good idea for a Pearl Class upgrade!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron