Topic: Home wind turbine providers  (Read 7722 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Home wind turbine providers
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2005, 04:23:47 am »
just the thought of selling energy back to the electric company makes me drool....

sweeeeeeeeet.

Oh man, Drool nothing, If everything goes right, I'll be able to keep adding more down the road, and help the neighbors also.The more I get into this Project Jim, the more I like It.

Thanks for that Tracy, That makes perfect sense. Heh, I might have StormBringers first contract job as an Electrician after all. ;)

Stephen

Looks like Stormbringer is planning where to put that telephone pole.

LOL, when we had the new Transformer put out here, You should have seen us, we where Giddy over the huge auger they used.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2005, 05:35:55 am »
LOL, when we had the new Transformer put out here, You should have seen us, we where Giddy over the huge auger they used.

Stephen

Doctor Freud would find that quite interesting.  Is there some way in which you feel inadequate? 

:lol:
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2005, 06:03:54 am »
GRR!!! Going back to clark Kents Bewbie thread.  ;)

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2005, 06:30:06 am »
GRR!!! Going back to clark Kents Bewbie thread.  ;)

Stephen

At least I refrained from exploring the Freudian implications of your memory in this thread where you misremembered a character name from a movie.  (The name is Booger)

Lets Freudian implications slip in and goes Christmas shopping. 
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2005, 10:39:00 am »
LOL, Man If all that's lost with me is my Memory, Then I'm in good shape.  ;)

Stephen

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2005, 08:39:10 pm »
LOL, Man If all that's lost with me is my Memory, Then I'm in good shape.  ;)

Stephen

I've seen the grass skirt picture  .  .  .   :screwloose:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
P.S. Don't even bother trying for pictures of me, the last one is 17 years old.  I really don't like having my picture taken.  Even the company I work for hasn't managed to get one though they have tried and tried.  ;)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 06:10:20 pm »
When I saw this article I remembered the old thread and thought you might be interested.

Link to full article

In August, Southwest Wind Power, a start-up located in Flagstaff, Ariz., began selling a 1.8-kilowatt residential wind turbine dubbed SkyStream 3.7 [see photo, “In My Backyard”]. The tiny power plant sells for US $5100; total cost including installation runs between $8500 and $11 000. By comparison, the installed cost of comparable small wind devices can eclipse $30 000.

Southwest Wind Power estimates that a SkyStream unit will produce about 100 000 kWh of power during its 20‑year design life. “Divide, say, $9000 by 100 000 kilowatt­hours, and you end up with [an average energy cost of] 9 cents per kilowatthour,” says Andrew Kruse, Southwest Wind Power’s cofounder and vice president of business development.

Offline Stormbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 06:21:02 pm »
outstanding. Thanks.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 08:51:03 am »
Only problem with wind is that it's all DC and you have to have special appliances to work off it, or you have to run it through an inverter to get AC.. but then the batteries last no time at all.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 09:21:56 am »
That and the initial cost. Then again, I'm good for that, Starting something and not finishing it up. Seeing this thread again, may have given me the boot in the ass I needed do get a few things done.

Stephen

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 06:32:37 pm »
Thanks for that Tracy, That makes perfect sense. Heh, I might have StormBringers first contract job as an Electrician after all.  ;)

Stephen

I can't help imagining the electrical connections in Green Acres and Stephen on the top of a telephone pole with a laptop playing SFC during a storm.

LOL, You must have a hidden camera Bro. ;)

I just checked the KW usage for the year out here, and It comes to on average, about 32.91, However During July August, It spikes to nearly double that. So I saw one site from storms list that sells a 65kw WindMill, and I think I'm going to contact them for more info.

Here's the thing, That one sells refurbished WM, however Brand new up to date Control boxes. It seems one of the big problems was getting Older Control boxes, and there parts, so they simply manufactured new ones.

Stephen

Just out fo curiosity here. You said that you checked your KW average and it comes out to 32.91. What actual average is that?
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 08:13:35 pm »
may have given me the boot in the ass I needed do get a few things done.

Stephen

If thats all you needed you should have told us.  I'm sure we could have arranged a lineup to give you the needed boots.

After all what are friends for?