Topic: A word of thanks  (Read 894 times)

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
A word of thanks
« on: December 07, 2005, 12:08:34 pm »
Not to get mushy on you guys ....

BUT...  I've always been of the opinion that when deserved, and appropriate it was good to pass on a word of thanks for those who help us getting things done around here...

It really is impossible for me to thank ever single one of ya by name  ...  that would be one heck of a list ...

However, as of late a couple of guys have been working in the back ground helping this old man get a few things done:

1.  AV ..  (Antivyrus)

Dude ....  you have really gone out of your way to help with providing mesh conversions so that I can use that "wings" program to develop new meshes.  And afterwards you look them over to "clean-up" anything that needs attention.

Additionally you have been providing maps for me to do texturing.  Without those really good maps ...   it would be impossible to do anything in the way of texturing on these new models.

To top it off ... when I scew something up or change my mind on a particular item on a design ...  you REmap the section of the model needed.

2.  MP ...

you have been a timeless sounding board for ideas and helping researching data needed for some of these projects we get involved with.

Though I  have been around Trek since day one of its release in the 60's  so much of the information I need to do the job right  has been researched by you ...

There are others of you ...  Sandman 3-D ..  your efforts and not giving up on the Titan project when no one else would take the plunge .... 

WOW !

Again ..  there are others ... Hopefully this thread will grow to include other stuff as well as a matter of "Thanks" to those around here who get the job done.  (That would include Frey-XC and Stephen ... and their entire staff...)

The words "Thank You !"  seem so inadequate  ...

I just thought before we closed out another year around here  I'd at least try to express my personal appreciation to all of ya who contribute to this modeling forum ...

BUT ESPECIALLY to a couple of guys who lately have really helped me to get involved to where we can start making models for the community.  Without your efforts ..   the things we've been doing lately ... well...  they just would not be happening.

Thank you

If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: A word of thanks
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 08:20:11 pm »
WOW I'm deeply touched Buzz, you are more than welcome. I'm always glad to help out in anyway I can my friend.

-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Sandman3D

• Lt. Commander
  • Outalance Shipyards
    • SEDL
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 09:38:41 pm »
Thanks Buzz, though lately I haven't been able to help much so...appreciated anyways. ;) After my surgery I hopefully will be able to get back to things in short order, then I'll probably go nuts since I have ideas for ships but can't do 'em yet. :P

Thanx again Buzz, and look forward to seeing more of your stuff. :thumbsup:
"Proudly you gathered, rank on rank to war,
As you heard God's message from afar;
All you had hoped for, all you had, you gave
To save mankind-yourself you scorned to save."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 09:02:31 pm »
Wow, Thanks Buzz, you know outside of all the jokes I make at times, You all have my Uptmost respect for helping make this place, and My Day abit better each and everyday. This place is the next best thing to home.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War