Topic: GARR! Can't get in even without firewall!  (Read 3618 times)

Offline Thunderchicken

• Ensign
GARR! Can't get in even without firewall!
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:32:43 pm »
Hello!  My firewall is turned off, yet my connection attempts to Dynaverse III time out.  I -believe- I have the most updated patches.  What should be my next step?  My firewall is never on and I have no router.

-Erik

Offline Thunderchicken

• Ensign
Re: GARR! Can't get in even without firewall!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 06:03:42 pm »
Incidentally, I have also done everything mentioned in the patch sticky at the top of this forum.

-Erik

Offline SPMaverick

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Shadow Warriors
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:20:18 pm »
Hi Thunderchicken,

The good news is, you may have set everything up correctly. The bad news is that the Activision access server has been down for a while. I think a couple of days. This happens sometimes, we don't know why. Apparently there is one guy that knows about/deals with the server, so if he's out, it may take awhile. It usually comes back in a few days. Crossing my fingers.  Hang in there.

Mav
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 10:18:49 am by SPMaverick »

Offline Thunderchicken

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2006, 07:28:50 am »
*sigh*.....I hope so!

-Erik :)

xupd18plw

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 11:40:55 am »
perhaps this is why mine says to check my connection or try again.mine however does not even timeout.connection problems are not my srong points.once up thow i would like to apply for duty with a fleet.thnx

engagedboy_02

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 10:11:24 pm »
Yes my connection to does time out

Currently I have a 2wire router and I've tried opening the ports needed as well as going into DMZ mode and I have yet to connect to the activision servers. I even turned off the Microsoft firewall but still nothing works it just times out both times and finally at the end it asks for me to put in my IP address

engagedboy_02

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 10:41:25 pm »
Yes my connection to does time out

Currently I have a 2wire router and I've tried opening the ports needed as well as going into DMZ mode and I have yet to connect to the activision servers. I even turned off the Microsoft firewall but still nothing works it just times out both times and finally at the end it asks for me to put in my IP address

Offline worfhonour

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 05:58:26 am »
Hi,
The directplay will run a few time before you can connect.

Make sure you turn off all firewalls when changing your port settings.

Run the multi-play and it will time out approx 2 to 5 times before connection is achieved.

The message will state something like "can not connect to internal ip address, connecting to external ip address"  after a few runs it will connect.

If it still wont connect make sure the correct ports are open, again with firewall off.

Oh dont forget to turn the firewall back on.

Hope that helps.

Worfy  ;D