Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 2314 times)

Offline ApolloMissions

• Lt. Junior Grade
Harry Potter
« on: January 05, 2006, 06:43:43 pm »
Who saw the 4th Harry Potter movie?  Who can't wait for the seventh book to come out?  Who can't wait to see the rest of the Harry Potter movies when they come out?

Me. Me. Me.
Live long and prosper.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 07:26:30 pm »
Hehe...when the sixth book came out, my partner and I were in Anaheim for the Disneyland 50th Anniversary celebration.  We had preordered our books (yes, one for each of us) and picked them up at midnight from the bookstore in Downtown Disney. So, take a guess from that.

Then when the 4th movie came out, we saw it in a local (Sacramento) theater.  Then, when we were on our December Disney trip (we have annual passes and he collects these Oswalski sculpture pieces of main street), we went to a local IMAX theater so we could see GOF in Imax. Going to see it in IMAX was so much worth it, too.  Quite enjoyable and I noticed a few things I hadn't noticed before (like flitwick moving the bowl of olives and then putting his hand where the bowl had been...thus placing his hand in perfect position for a distracted Hagrid to stab said hand...and like how Cedric Diggory's body was in nearly EVERY shot of the graveyard scene after he was killed). 
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 12:26:35 am »
It was very well-done and much better than the last movie.

Offline SideSwipe9th

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 01:04:18 pm »
I didn't like the foruth HP movie as much as the rest of them. The makers cut out far too much stuff, a lot of it was plot carriers (im going to assume you have read the books here) such as dobby and winky...

Special effects were much better though. I would have liked it a bit more if krum had some more speaking too ;) IIRC all he said was the beginning of the Crucio curse >:(

Offline ApolloMissions

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 06:57:13 pm »
I fully agree with you about Krum
Live long and prosper.

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 07:04:37 pm »
Me too.

They did cut out a lot of good material, but that was because they had to in order to keep the movie from becoming rediculously long.  They had to ask themselves, "Is the Dobby and Winky story crucial enough to the plot that we have to leave it in?"  I think they did a much better job of this in this movie than in the last one and stayed truer to the original story, although greatly abridged.

Offline ApolloMissions

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 07:07:36 pm »
Well if they didn't abridge it then the movie would be so long that you would have to have at least an intermission or two. :)
Live long and prosper.