Topic: Was Windu really Beating Papatine?  (Read 6188 times)

Offline ApolloMissions

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Was Windu really Beating Papatine?
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2006, 07:10:43 pm »
Windu was difinately beating Palpatine.  If Anakin hadn't shown up Mace would have killed Palpatine.
Live long and prosper.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
Re: Was Windu really Beating Papatine?
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2006, 08:06:17 pm »
AT any rate .. there is almost a duplicated scene ... one that I spotted as soon as I read this.

At the beginning of the movie ... what was Palaptines argument for killing Dooku ? "He is way to powerful to allow to live". This after Anakin has successfully defeated the former Jedi turned evil .. ( and was very powerful at that) Later Anakin laments over the decision ... and believes this is wrong.

At the defeat of the Emperor ( and I do believe that he was defeated ) ... What was the exact statement that Windu makes with Anakin watching on ... almost the same words ... if not the EXACT same words as used concerning the death of Dooku.

The real problem for me was Anakin switch hitting back and forth like a yo-yo .. It would have been waaaay better for him to have not been the one to rat out the Emperor ... sense the danger ... and walk in on the near death of his "friend" who as it turns out of course is the Sith. This would have been far more plausible ... and could easily then pushed Anakin to the Emperor. After all ... both the Jedi and Emperor were acting in a "similar" fashion.
The hippocrite was just covering his tracks, when Obi-Wan asks him so spy on the chancellor, he goes on to say it's against the Jedi code when he is married to Padme which is completely against the jedi code!  I've noticed he just does what's right when there are other jedi around....  :police: