Topic: Someone wanna test a sound mod for KCW?  (Read 829 times)

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
Someone wanna test a sound mod for KCW?
« on: January 18, 2006, 11:49:41 am »
After hours of mind numbing cutting and pasting, I have put together a modified sounds text file that will add Klingon voice and sounds to all races so, no matter what race you have to choose to fly on KCW, you will have the "sound" of flying Klingon.   I mean, who wants to hear a Fed tell you RED ALERT, or SCATTER PACK READY when you are in a Klingon ship?  ;)

You should also hear Klingon sounds, like shields going up, and Red aleart klaxons etc....

Also included is a "Cursor" file that gives everyone the Klingon pointer.

The sounds TEXT file can be found in Assets/sounds.   
The cursor file will be found in Assets/mouse.

DO NOT MESS WITH THE SOUNDS.ZIP FILE, JUST THE TEXT FILE!!!!
Instructions:  Make backups of your cursor and sounds text files as this is not a installer.  Download(very small file) and unzip files.  Place files in appropriate folders (As stated above).

Test!

I've tested a few races, but not all.  If interested, please help me make sure all is good.   Note:  Taunts 1-4 may not work do some some expected hardcoded features I can't change, but I tried ;)   Everything else should work.

This is not mandatory to play on the server.  It's just for those who like as much of the "whole experience" as possible.

http://home.netcom.com/~jeff22/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/sounds.zip

Also for the server admin  (DH?), I have  put together a shipnames and races names GF file that will put the true names of the races on the campaign map and the AI created ships will be named whatever House it is fighting for, so If you target a K'hunt ship, it's name will be "K'hunt"...(Players can change their ship's name in supply dock of course).

This is only a suggestion/offer of help.  Do as you please of course  ;)

http://home.netcom.com/~jeff22/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/racenames.zip

Have fun.
Capt Jeff

Former SFC2.NET Administrator
C.O., Heavy Command Cruiser
USS Crasher NCC 1733

1AF---Friendship, Honor, Fun.  It's what we Play For.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Someone wanna test a sound mod for KCW?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 01:37:40 pm »
After hours of mind numbing cutting and pasting

Oi, nothing like duplication of effort... ;), check out the attached from '04 (only for 4 empires though as I recall):

(servershide shipnames would be cool too...)