Topic: Help with editing weapons textures in SFC3. Please.  (Read 4018 times)

Offline GateKeeper

• Lt. Junior Grade
Help with editing weapons textures in SFC3. Please.
« on: April 26, 2005, 12:11:13 am »
Hey all,
I was wondering if anyone could help me by telling me which textures (fx0, fx1, etc.) go with what weapons, and if there is some kind of cache file that you need to delete after you edit some textures, to get the new textures to show in the game.

Reason I'm asking is I want to re-texture some of the weapons (obviously ;)) so I tried editing the "poloron torpedo".  So I edited the "poloron-torpedo.bmp" ( just mearly changed the color) but it didn't change in the game, still the same as it was before I edited the .bmp file.

Also, I was wondering, is it possible make new weapons and add them to the game, if so what files need to be modified.  For example, on the show, the Romulans have a pulse-style disruptor similar to the Klingon Pusle-style disruptor, but not in the game, as you all know, they only have beam-style disruptors, I would like to add a pusle-style disruptor for the Romulans.  (That can be selected and upgraded in the single player campaign and conquest)

And also some other weapons modifications, but anyway, is any of this possible??  Even if it's not, I still want to edit some of the weapons textures but they dont seem to show in the game, that is, of course unless I'm editing the wrong texture files.

One final question, what is the name of the texture file that has the shield bars in it. (the ones that appear around your ship on 3D sceen)  I would really like to get rid of them since you already have a shield strength reading on the UI overlay.

Thanks

Jim
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 12:40:00 am by GateKeeper »

Offline Chris Jones

• MOD PRODUCER
  • Lt.
  • Galaxy Class - as seen in DS9
    • Chris Jones Gaming
Re: Help with editing weapons textures in SFC3. Please.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 09:59:58 am »
The shields are fx1.bmp

Its the top row of colored circles. I don't use them - made them black so they don't show up.
The second row is for the mines.

I'll try altering the polaron torp bmp and see what I get - I haven't modded 3 in 2 years, lol. 

Getting back into it..

..Because the game does not have to, and will not, remain the same..

Celebrating Life!
Favorite TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise

Offline GateKeeper

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 10:32:03 am »
Thanks Chris, got them shieldbars gone now.  ;D

Another Question, which file is it that is for the Phaser graphix??

Yea, I don't know what is wrong as to why my poloron torp didn't change.  What I would really like to do is make the poloron look similar to the photon, except for, of course, make it a different color and make the "streamers" alittle shorter.

I'm planning on giving it another try tonight, if you get a chance let me know how your attempt turns out.

Thanks

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 02:33:19 pm »
I ought to add this to my guide.  I'll research this via trial and error and post what I find....

Offline GateKeeper

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 03:03:52 pm »
Thanks I'm anxious to see what you find.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 09:29:58 pm »
Don't expect it anytime soon, though, I'm quite busy trying to finish two mods before I hit this full force.

yochenhsieh

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2005, 08:45:01 pm »
Hey all,
Also, I was wondering, is it possible make new weapons and add them to the game, if so what files need to be modified.  For example, on the show, the Romulans have a pulse-style disruptor similar to the Klingon Pusle-style disruptor, but not in the game, as you all know, they only have beam-style disruptors, I would like to add a pusle-style disruptor for the Romulans.  (That can be selected and upgraded in the single player campaign and conquest)
Jim
Hello,
If you want the Romulans have pulse-disruptors, you can edit WeaponItems.gf and change the Race section.
For example,
[PrimaryItems\DISRUPTOR IV]
Description = "DISRUPTOR IV"
Cost = 1650
Mass = 350
Health = 40
Energy = 10.0
Damage = 10.0
Race = "KR"

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 06:47:20 pm »
Thanks Chris, got them shieldbars gone now.  ;D

Another Question, which file is it that is for the Phaser graphix??

Yea, I don't know what is wrong as to why my poloron torp didn't change.  What I would really like to do is make the poloron look similar to the photon, except for, of course, make it a different color and make the "streamers" alittle shorter.

I'm planning on giving it another try tonight, if you get a chance let me know how your attempt turns out.

Thanks

The fx1 file controls the shields and mine rings. It also has the white bar that is part of the phaser. Changing the color makes the phaser more intense looking.

fx1 bmp

The phaser1 file controls the Fed phaser but also appears to control the Rom disruptor beam. I used to thin this one down but didn't care for the look of the Rom beam. Thinning the bar in fx1 does make the Fed phaser thinner. This to me looks nicer when firing from smaller ships. 

phaser1 bmp

If you carefully change the sfc configuration file you can add a blue phaser. The type IX phaser will become blue by making this change.

You should see this:

[3D]
wireframe=0
windowed=0
zbuffer=1
resmode=0
driver=0
backdrop=1
shipstacking=1
ambientlighting=0.27
luminancetextures=1
luminancedamagetextures=1
spacedust=0
Specularity=1
LevelOfDetail=73
ParticleDensity=23
Luminosity=1
DamageSkin=1
DamageSkinResolution=46
DamageLuminosity=0
BreakPieceLingerTime=84

Simply add BlueLight=1 and your type IX phaser will now be blue.
The particles will also change to blue.
Change the flie to look like this:

[3D]
BlueLight=1
wireframe=0
windowed=0
zbuffer=1
resmode=0
driver=0
backdrop=1
shipstacking=1
ambientlighting=0.27
luminancetextures=1
luminancedamagetextures=1
spacedust=0
Specularity=1
LevelOfDetail=73
ParticleDensity=23
Luminosity=1
DamageSkin=1
DamageSkinResolution=46
DamageLuminosity=0
BreakPieceLingerTime=84
The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.