Topic: KILLOLOGY Research Group  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
KILLOLOGY Research Group
« on: July 15, 2006, 05:05:31 pm »
Link to site

KILLOLOGY, (n): The scholarly study of the destructive act, just as sexology is the scholarly study of the procreative act. In particular, killology focuses on the reactions of healthy people in killing circumstances (such as police and military in combat) and the factors that enable and restrain killing in these situations. This field of study was pioneered by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman, in his Pulitzer-nominated book, On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society.     Upcoming Events
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
Re: KILLOLOGY Research Group
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 05:08:37 pm »
I'm offering graduate level courses in this =)

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 08:30:36 pm »
I wondered how long it would take you to find this and reply.  3 Minutes and 6 seconds, pretty quick.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 06:19:02 pm »
..the early bird nukes the worm.

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 08:42:46 am »
The more you do it, the easier it is. 
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz