Topic: Well, I'll be van Dammed  (Read 2503 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Well, I'll be van Dammed
« on: July 06, 2006, 06:52:58 am »
http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=23765

Will Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker understand the words coming out of Jean Claude Van Damme's mouff?
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. Now, count this as a rumor so far, but it seems that Jean Claude Van Damme thinks he's signed on to play the villain in RUSH HOUR 3... Here's the scoop:

Here is a big scoop for you, Harry! Jean Claude Van Damme has signed on to play the main villain in "Rush Hour 3"(set to film in August). It involves Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker getting mixed up with Triads in Paris. Van Damme spoke on a recent British TV Show about it and was looking forward to working with Jackie Chan. Also rumored to be in the film is Michael "Kramer" Richards in either a big or bit role. I think, IMHO, that a Chan versus Van Damme one-on-one would be kick ass!(no pun intended)

Call me Muscles With Brusslesprouts
I know many people think AICN is Ratner-hate Central. I didn't flip for X3, but I don't blame Ratner for anything other than signing on to a movie he knew didn't have a script that was ready. I happen to get a lot of laughs out of the RUSH HOUR films and while this casting rumor is incredibly bizarre I can actually see this working. Van Damme's got the aged fighter thing going for him... unfortunately it's only been going direct to video recently, but the idea of Van Damme playing a brooding baddie in a RUSH HOUR film seems to fit... and like Brusslesprouts above, I'd love to see that end fight between Van Damme and Chan. And what's up with Michael Richards? I say team him up with Jeremy Piven's character from the second film. What do you folks think?

Glad to see JCVD acting again. His Cyborg movie was one of my favorites.

stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Well, I'll be van Dammed
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 09:09:19 am »
I'm guessing his "spiritual advisor" who told him to quit acting, didn't tell him to stop spending money like an actor.

"It's time to make the donuts".
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:50:16 am »
He's been acting.  It's just that all his movies go straight to the five dollar DVD bin at Wal-Mart.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 09:51:19 am »
Oh that's right, it was Stephen Segal who stopped acting because his guru told him to.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 09:56:43 am »
Yeah, what's up with those stephen guys?  ;D

Stephen I mean Sirgod.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 10:22:14 pm »
Forgetting Van Damme here for a second, I'm suprised there's a Rush Hour 3 being planned... Maybe it's me mistaking my memory of the days when there was only one RH movie and rumors of a second one, but I thought after the second that only rumors of a third sprouted up over three or four years.  If one'll be made I'll be suprised and glad; I liked the first two.  Although I only have the second on DVD and first on VHS.

But maybe I'm out of touch. *shrug*

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 02:02:40 pm »
Van Dammit all the man's movies are the same.  That's why they all go to the bargain bin.

But Rush Hour 2 is the same as the first one, so I guess it could work. 

762_XC

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 11:52:21 am »
He will kick Chan's ass!