Topic: Slave Girls Mod Corrections  (Read 89088 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: Slave Girls Mod Corrections
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2006, 01:50:10 pm »
Ya, I know FS did some funky things with the lyrans. I hope DH knows wtf u are trying to explain to him, Hexx, because it looks too confusing for me.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2006, 02:09:14 pm »
I have no idea what he did for some of them
-basically these dates give the power refit when it's first available on these ships (68)
but leaves the phaser & shiled refits off until the date they were common.
(Except for the DNLp which wasn't given info for either)

Of course with the apparent conitnued uparming of our neighbors ships we reserve the right to demand more stuff.
(looking forward to the day where all Hydran and Kzin are given an extra 6 PhGs  to deal with the fact they might not be better than every other ship in PVP and hex flipping missions  :P )
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2006, 02:30:05 pm »
Of course with the apparent conitnued uparming of our neighbors ships we reserve the right to demand more stuff.
(looking forward to the day where all Hydran and Kzin are given an extra 6 PhGs  to deal with the fact they might not be better than every other ship in PVP and hex flipping missions  :P )

HA!  I am still waiting on my extra PhG's to counter the extra drones the Klinks got to put them on par with the Feds the first time!!!

Thankfully, they have been removed... but now here we go again...

IE:

Klingon:
-   K-C10K: Set back to “stock” for testing.  DC stays at 12.
-   K-C8VK:  4 B-racks added.  2 Disrupters (FX) removed.  2 Phaser 1 removed.  Ship is very close to Z-CVAR
-   2 B-racks added to small carriers.

-   Check the YFA's for all ships- Klingon D5P/D6P/DWP all have YFA's of 14- should be 16 (when the K-INT is out)

Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2006, 02:31:33 pm »
Anotehr idea- why not do the next SG (or whatver you two are working on) server as
F-R-L-I vs K-H-G-Z

Give everyone another look at what it's like to fly with/against some of the stuff that's out there
over the course of a server.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2006, 02:32:44 pm »

HA!  I am still waiting on my extra PhG's to counter the extra drones the Klinks got to put them on par with the Feds the first time!!!

Thankfully, they have been removed... but now here we go again...

IE:

Klingon:
-   K-C10K: Set back to “stock” for testing.  DC stays at 12.
-   K-C8VK:  4 B-racks added.  2 Disrupters (FX) removed.  2 Phaser 1 removed.  Ship is very close to Z-CVAR
-   2 B-racks added to small carriers.

-   Check the YFA's for all ships- Klingon D5P/D6P/DWP all have YFA's of 14- should be 16 (when the K-INT is out)

I think the real lesson learned here is that the Fed ships should be toned down to match the Klinks, not the other way around  :P

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2006, 02:48:16 pm »
I think the best thing is to stop acting like this is a game instead of a simulation, not everyone is supposed to be on par with everyone else.

Hell, it ain't good enough for folks that the klinks that they will have the only BB?

What you propose sounds like the Treaty for the Limitation and Reduction of Naval Armament of 1930.

'You will only build ships up to 30,000 tons, only arm them with up to 9 16" guns and up to 20 secondary guns....' ::)

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2006, 02:59:10 pm »
I think the best thing is to stop acting like this is a game instead of a simulation, not everyone is supposed to be on par with everyone else.

Hell, it ain't good enough for folks that the klinks that they will have the only BB?

What you propose sounds like the Treaty for the Limitation and Reduction of Naval Armament of 1930.

'You will only build ships up to 30,000 tons, only arm them with up to 9 16" guns and up to 20 secondary guns....' ::)

Whoops didn't know this was serious..
With the ability to field one while the Feds field 2xDNH's, not really (have to ask the Klinks though-I dunno)

And ~ simply for fed/klink baalnce

With the Feds having better attrition units (fighters) before PF's
With the Feds getting  better attrtion unit after PF's (..uhmm PF)
With the Feds having the best metal (DNH,DNL,DVL)
Feds having better CF
Feds having better carriers (across the board- did I mention the better fighter as well?)
Feds getting the CS+

BCH's are easily a trade off (I;d give advantage C7, but keep hearing the BCF is somehow good?)
Klinks get a trade off (heck call it a better) CWL
and easily (imo anyway) a better droner

Yes it's a game, based on a game
A Game based on a game that worked it's balance through the idea the "good guys get good stuff, bad guys get numbers"
Something we can't approximate here.

I think they're doing a good job trying to balance the stuff. I just think they've started to go to places they didn't need to.
(again-why do the Kzin need a ship to fight plasma? Are the plasma races getting a better hex flipper earlier?)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 03:19:25 pm by Hexx »

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2006, 03:47:13 pm »
This is a mod correction thread, not a debate thread. Stop posting diatribes. Your concerns are falling on deaf ears. I'll not entertain newcomers to shiplist corrections when they have missed the last 12 server revisions and dont know any of the 'why's' things were done.

Afa the Klink carriers with droners, they have seesawed between no drones, F and B racks and back again. Cutting thru the reasoning over the last few years of their dev work, it comes down to this, finding the right balance is tough because making them attractive enough for a klink player to fly but at the same time w/o making them unbalanced vs their traditional enemies is such that compromise is nearly never achieved.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2006, 03:56:47 pm »
THIS IS ALL BETA.

Chilll out.  We will test stuff before going live and if any of my ideas are too much, they will be toned down or removed.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2006, 09:49:08 pm »
Whoops didn't know this was serious..

It is never that serious. 

But the last upgrade of the Klink carriers resulted in a n00b fighter jock (KBF guy, can't remember the name) ran modified K-C8VK pwning my H-ID so quickly it wasn't even funny.

And Dizzy, STFU, I have been involved in play testing shiplists before and have been against adding (more) drone racks to the klink carriers from the begining.

762_XC

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2006, 10:51:51 pm »
The drone fighter vs Stinger issue is still a big one.

All other things being equal, 16 ZY's or TADS will absolutely laugh at 16 Stingers of either variety.

There's not much we can do about the stupidity of the fighter AI, but adding racks to Klink carriers does exacerbate one already heinous problem.

What exactly is wrong with Klink carriers, other than the fact that none of the Klink pilots know how to fly one?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2006, 11:00:15 pm »
I'd prefer to see the C8VK lose 2x Dizzies and gain 2 B racks, not the way DH has it current. But it needs to be playtested and since you are so passionate about it, bear, you can stfu yourself and be the c8v canon fodder in the ID. And I dont care how many shiplists you've tested. SG shiplist isnt a shiplist, it's art. You dont have to be qualified or have experience for this... You see that crap they put up in the musuem of Chicago? 3 year old did it. Looks like the same exact abstract sh*t adults do.

You need to grasp something, this shiplist work is an art form. Let it move you. Let it awe you. That is all.

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2006, 11:12:58 pm »
There's not much we can do about the stupidity of the fighter AI, but adding racks to Klink carriers does exacerbate one already heinous problem.

Especially when they take heavy drones and wipe out one or two fighter groups....

And Dizzy,

Consistency, please....

First it is:
I'll not entertain newcomers to shiplist corrections when they have missed the last 12 server revisions and dont know any of the 'why's' things were done.
Now it is:
You dont have to be qualified or have experience for this...

:screwloose: :screwloose: :screwloose:

*snicker*

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2006, 11:16:24 pm »
All other things being equal, 16 ZY's or TADS will absolutely laugh at 16 Stingers of either variety.
What exactly is wrong with Klink carriers, other than the fact that none of the Klink pilots know how to fly one?

Im not too concerned witht he difference between the c8v having 2 or 4 B racks compared to the H-ID. This has always been a bit of a mismatch. Nothing we can do about it really. The main focus is balancing the C8V vs the Z-cva. How attractive can we make the C8V to a klink player w/o it upsetting the balance vs the zcva? You need to also put into perspective that there usually wont ever be more than one of these on the board at a time.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2006, 11:19:24 pm »
Bear, its all arbitrary. I cant believe you needed me type it out for you. Now Im beginning to explain it to you. Its NEVER a good idea to hash this kinda stuff out in public. So gay... DH u have a PM.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2006, 11:58:05 pm »
we'lll make a couple of varients of the C8VK to test.   I think Dizzy's proposal is preobrably the most reasonable.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2006, 12:03:33 am »

Im not too concerned witht he difference between the c8v having 2 or 4 B racks compared to the H-ID. This has always been a bit of a mismatch. Nothing we can do about it really. The main focus is balancing the C8V vs the Z-cva. How attractive can we make the C8V to a klink player w/o it upsetting the balance vs the zcva? You need to also put into perspective that there usually wont ever be more than one of these on the board at a time.

How does the ID fair against a Z-CVA?  How the Z-CVA is harder than the C8VK that loses 2 dizzies and gainst 2 B-racks.  Hydran and mirak have fought many times, even when the Mirak fighters were greatly superior to the Klingon.

t00l's right, we really can't do anything about the fighters being so fricking stupid.

Guys, please be nicer to each other.  I like the idea of sharing ideas in a open forum for feedback, this is a brainstorming sessions where a lot of ideas will come out.   Some are good, some are bad.  I prefer to present everything in the open and then wittle away the crap.

This can work as long as everyone is nice to each other.

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2006, 12:29:17 am »
I have fought twice against a Z-CVA flown by Fluf with myself in an H-ID.  Once I beat him.  The other time, I j'inned myself (I didn't know rotating rocks needed extra clearance back then ::) ), but was handing him his ass before I did it.

I also curtailed 2 Z-CVA's while flying a F-BCF. But that is probably not relevant.... especially since one was J'inn (can't remember who the other was)

Edit:  This was back before SFB fighters, I had HornetIII's and they were sporting the mobile SP's known as MastiffIII's.

762_XC

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2006, 12:35:01 am »
The last time I fought an ID vs Z-CVA match was on SS2, long before the last patch which frakked fighter interaction. I won it then (vs Green) but would not have had a prayer after the patch.

I honestly don't see any way of fixing that totally one sided battle. But I see no need to make the ID vs C8V battle equally as hopeless.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2006, 04:05:42 am »
Then why don't we try (more permanently) changing the sides up?

Place the Hydran more in line with permanently allying with the Klinks (as an example)

What do the Klinks have?

Their carriers are across the board worse than teh Feds/Kzin/or Hydran
Their fighters are across the board worse then Fed/Kzin/Hydran until 80- and then Hey! PFs are out
Oh and their PF's are worse than Fed and Kzin,

..actually I think I typed all this out before, and I don't want it to sound like a shot at DH or Dizzy,
(Whom I still need to fix the Lyran ships, so must be nice..  ;D )

So improve the Klink ships until they're within competitive distance of the Fed, and if there's a problem balancing Hydran ships against it
throw the Hydrans onto the Klingon permanent ally list.