Poll

What type of disengagement rule would you like to see (if any)?

No Disengagement  rule at all
3 (7.9%)
Standard Rules
5 (13.2%)
Same as SGO6  (radius as well as hex PvP occured in)
10 (26.3%)
If Run, Disengage rule (Radius as well), If stay and lose, 1VP point but no Disengage rule *
20 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Topic: Storm Season III Disengagement Rule Poll  (Read 36714 times)

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
Re: Storm Season III Disengagement Rule Poll
« Reply #240 on: September 02, 2006, 09:22:24 am »

And (I'd assume) tougher if you are using plasma (until fighters/PF's of course)

Not if your a Romulan.  Cloak and fire, Cloak and fire.

Thats another thing that takes getting used too:

Traditionally the shields drop just before the cloaking device engages, BUT in SFC the shields appear around a cloaked ship. Additionally according to SFB rules- if you have and maintain a sensor lock on a ship that cloaked, you can tractor it, AND board it.

Just a few of the weirdness that made me stop flying Rommie ships.
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2006, 09:44:37 am »
why not keep the time constraints   ie: half hour if u  r killed or 1 hour if you are run out,but if you want to go back in imediately then you can only take a certain size ship in and only as the race you were killed in or run out of in .if you get killed or run out again,the clock starts over again plus as a additional penalty,the second time and each subsequet time there after,each player killed or run out of this hex  further penalized .5 vc point per palyer

after having been killed or chased out in whatever combo say dread and 2 heavies then the biggest combo that team can bring in is 1 heavy,1 lite and 1 frig and if they get killed or chased out in, that time constraints start from beginning again(plus they also loose .5 vc points per player that got killed or chased out in)and if they want to go back in again,they must further reduce ship class size again until down to 3 frigates and again risk loosing .5 vc points per player/time.in addition,they would not be able to change races to adapt to ship size.whatever race they initially went in,is the race they would have to pick their next ship from if they wanted to go back in imediately.One other penalty,whoever had the biggest ship,must take the smallest ship for the next incursion

Offline deadmansix

• Lt.
« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2006, 12:17:28 pm »

OK, lets keep it simpel and lets have fun, this was set up to do two things 1. more PVP at a lower cost, and 2.to up the fun factor by several points

so lets have fun  ;D

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2006, 04:31:13 pm »

OK, lets keep it simpel and lets have fun, this was set up to do two things 1. more PVP at a lower cost, and 2.to up the fun factor by several points

so lets have fun  ;D

how much simpler can it be......  all players run out or killed in a hex of contention,if they want to go back in imediately must keep same race,must reduce shipsize(of the largest ship) plus takes a penalty of .5 vc points per player if they are either killed or run out.this keeps(if u risk it) a hot and heavy area for the pvp players looking for matches while risking a small penalty which may or maynot added up to something significant when all points are added up at end of each week of a server,or for the whole ball of wax.If you don't want to risk this....wait till your initial penalty(time and  or vc point if killed) is over.....sounds simple to me

short and simple-----> move on if u r chased/killed in that hex   OR  risk penalty starting over for second infringement and a .5 VC point if you are either run out or killed in the same hex = SIMPLE

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2006, 06:30:49 pm »
Umm.... right...
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2006, 07:04:54 pm »
Umm.... right...

explain how this would be any worse than what has already been proposed

if u go in again .....run out or killed   u lose .5 vc's per player

biggest ship in fleet goes down 1 class in that hex  dread to heavy   heavy to lite   lite to frig (after first kill or run out) and only if u want to go imediately back into a hex u were run out of or killed in.....works for winging and for single player    ......what am i missing    hmmmmmmmm no shortage of players willing to claim the vc....................dreads and heavies  look diferent,heavies and lites look diferent   lites and frigs look diferent,so unless some one is dishonourable and takes in the ship they fought with initially  seems easy enough  to diferentiate between classes of ships                                please   explain the how this is complicated?????

it keeps the rules,that time and again  seem to show up in server after server,while allowing PvP PLAYERS continual action  plus adds an element of risk(which is the adrenalin that drives us all),if you want to stay in a heavily fought over hex

so besides  'lets keep it simple or Ummm....right.....       sooooo,  please  give a brief discription  on what i am proposing as being to complicated????

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2006, 07:34:08 pm »
One word... Shipyard.

If you need to drop a class size, you automaticly are making them wait at least one turn if not more.

I have always been a fan of a simple rule.

If you get run out, you need to come back with another (more) wing mate(s). 

Plain & simple.  If you are alone on the server, you better find somewhere else to work....

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline TraumaTech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2006, 07:54:02 pm »
One word... Shipyard.

If you need to drop a class size, you automaticly are making them wait at least one turn if not more.

I have always been a fan of a simple rule.

If you get run out, you need to come back with another (more) wing mate(s). 

Plain & simple.  If you are alone on the server, you better find somewhere else to work....

well......4 minutes maybe even 8 minutes,seems better than 30 minutes or 60 minutes..........

OCI when fixed for all servers, will eliminate 4 to 8 minutes

the point was to make this challenging without over complicating it with rules

my opinion only so far,but i don't believe you have shown where my suggestion is too complicated

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2006, 08:05:11 pm »
More complicated than mine. ;)