Topic: Disapointed !  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
Disapointed !
« on: August 04, 2007, 01:38:21 pm »
 :-[ In the last few days i have been playing the new rexpansion 2007.0 mod and i must say that i am rather disapointed with it. The planets look very good but.... The ships are sluggish and rather unmanouverable. The newest ships that the modder put in are not any better because for example the Ambassador class is supposed to be a command cruiser but it can hardly be called a light cruiser with the armament it has. The new Eximius class battlecruiser has only 2 forward firing phasers and 4 torpedo tubes. I would expect that kind of weaponry on a light cruiser not a battlecruiser. The only good ships in the entire mod are the battleships because with their weaponry they do not need manouverabillity they can take any opponent from far away. :-[

yochenhsieh

Re: Disapointed !
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 07:27:08 pm »
Hello, Old1.

1.The Music -- In my country it is ILLEGAL to redistribute copy-righted materials, e.g. music tracks. I don't want to get into any lawsuit problem.

2.The Hardpoints -- SFC3 has a feature that you can refit ships. So refit them with better weapon and engines and you can even defeat higher class ships with Ambassador or Eximius.

Sorry to disappoint you, but the above issue will remain unchanged in the next release. I still appreciated your opinions. It's just that I need to explain my reasons that why this mod is made that way. Hope you can understand me. Please don't be hastitate to post your thoughts, sometimes they're very useful to modders. However, sometimes a mod is just made to be like that. I wish that I can improve the mod in other aspects so that you will find it more... attractive.

Best Regards,

You-Cheng Hsieh

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 03:30:10 pm »
Mr. Yochenhsieh. I have a question about what you just mailed to this topic. Am i right by asuming that it is illegal for you to erase the original music and putting your own fav. music in your own mod ? It never occurred to me that that is possible. :angel:

yochenhsieh

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 05:22:40 am »
If you have any movie DVD or music CD, there must be some sort of warning or notice which claims that you cannot copy, modify, redistribute partial or full media of it. It is illegal to redistribute copy-righted, patented music tracks, for example, Star Trek soundtracks, whether you use it for commercial or not. There are even college students in Taiwan been suit and sentenced because they download and redistribute MP3 songs with P2P software. I don't know the law in your country, or those people who include copy-right musics in their mod, but I cannot do that.

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 12:17:16 pm »
 :-[ Ofcource you are right i forgot about copyrights. But if you asked permission of the artist involved or the company who has the copyright than it should be allright ?  :huh: