Topic: UFOP Falcon class scout WIP.....  (Read 21310 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: UFOP Falcon class scout WIP.....
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 04:18:27 pm »
Try a redish orange colour for the deflector dish, i take it the blue circle is your impulse reaction crystal?

Impulse reaction crystal on a late TNG design  :huh: :huh: I like the deflector dish just fine, it fits the design era of the ship.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2006, 04:54:29 pm »
Try a redish orange colour for the deflector dish, i take it the blue circle is your impulse reaction crystal?

Impulse reaction crystal on a late TNG design  :huh: :huh: I like the deflector dish just fine, it fits the design era of the ship.

So your good with green? I made it green to make it obviious that it is NOT a Starfleet vessel, and to give a clue to who helped design it....someone above figured it out. The Klingons.

As to the Impulse core vent....that shows that this ship is a warship, not a general Starfleet vessel. Again, this is not canon, just my contention.....In the old days (TOS, TMP) Starfleet was getting out of the warship building business. The last ship to carry warship systems was the Excelcior....The Ambassador class shows the move toward more peaceful designs.

Now, to the impulse vent....in the old days, the impulse reactor was one huge core centerline of the ship. It was actually a component of the warp core, drawing Dueterium directly as fuel on the way to the warp core. This system was good for military purposes, allowing both the impulse drive and the warp drive to operate 125 percent past tolerance for short periods. Not safe, but in a warship it is necessary. Now, as the mood in Starfleet shifted more to exploration and safety and less to defense, the impulse system was seperated from the warp drive system and fed by it's own fuel supply. This made the system more redundant, but provided less backup power for the ship.

My contention is that this design, as well as other Third fleet warships have moved back to the master impulse core design....hence an impulse vent like the old days. Visually, it just shows that this ship, as well as other Marine Corps vessels are just returning to thier roots.

I tried a redish-orange deflector, it actually looks better IMO. Ill post pics of it shortly.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2006, 05:27:37 pm »
The shape or the color? I could make it yellow perhaps. I want to avoid blue.

I'd say the gold like the Sovereign would look great.

A second choice would be the color of the Steamrunner's.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2006, 11:10:26 pm »
Love the design, but hate the Impulse reaction crystal, I don't care who helped build the ship or what the classification is, it takes away from the design IMHO, TOS and TMP influences seen in a TNG design I could accept, (depending on what they are)  people tend to do that knowing the age of the Excelsiors and Mirandas . Designing a late TNG ship and then utilizing an antiquated aspect of starship design in a new ship, I can't accept , no matter what the concept is. To me it would be like adding TOS connie nacelles to your design. It would be just wrong. No disrespect intended my friend, it's just my $.02 which means spit lol. But I do agree the gold deflector like the Sovereign would look great.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2006, 12:08:09 am »
Hey, I make these for you guys, not for me. Though I have a vision I like to remain faithful to, you guys have to buy it for it to become real. I've changed quite a few things in the Infinity story because of fan input (most notable change was the invasion and conquering of Earth by the Borg instead of the Breen....Breen still play a large part in the story).

So, here is what I will do. I will post pics with a yellow and redish deflector (the one I prefer) and with and without the impulse vent....perhaps I could do something like the Defiant, with its 6 glowing circles port and starboard.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2006, 12:14:25 am »
you know, you should start posting this crap on a site that's actualy for BC and actualy works, if you want more fan imput. I mean, not that it's a problem posting it here but hey...we got jack squat for news at bcfiles...hint hint...write up and email, throw in some pix and press the submit news button ya lazy bum lol.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2006, 03:12:18 am »
you know, you should start posting this crap on a site that's actualy for BC and actualy works, if you want more fan imput. I mean, not that it's a problem posting it here but hey...we got jack squat for news at bcfiles...hint hint...write up and email, throw in some pix and press the submit news button ya lazy bum lol.

Ok, how do I post pics in it? I looked at the post news function, there was nowhere I could see to attach pics. Should I just host them at Nightsoft and post links in the news submission?

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2006, 05:44:26 am »
Ok, I changed the impulse vent to a dueterium refueling port, and changed the deflector color to a reddish-orange color. I like it. I think I can live without the impulse vent as well. Note that I am not done with the bridge quite yet...needs a few more black touches around the micro-lifeboats to match the others, but basically this part of the bridge island is done.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2006, 01:29:53 pm »

Ok, how do I post pics in it? I looked at the post news function, there was nowhere I could see to attach pics. Should I just host them at Nightsoft and post links in the news submission?

or zip them and host the pix on filefront. If you are registered there you have a usefiles page where you can upload download and sort/delete your own files.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2006, 05:46:19 pm »
Ok, I changed the impulse vent to a dueterium refueling port, and changed the deflector color to a reddish-orange color. I like it. I think I can live without the impulse vent as well. Note that I am not done with the bridge quite yet...needs a few more black touches around the micro-lifeboats to match the others, but basically this part of the bridge island is done.

WOW now that's impressive. I luv it  ;D :thumbsup:

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 12:43:01 am »
Guys, I was wondering if the downloads at Battleclinic can be edited. Some of the models from my Newships days are there, as well as my current designs and designs built by LC Amaral but owned by Nightsoft. I was wondering if we could get them all under "Raven Night" so when a search is done, they are easy to find. I could research the site to try and find all of the ships I am responsible for.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2006, 05:01:19 am »
If it stays up long enough, I was getting page not found like crazy yesterday and all I wanted was a damned intrepid. BTW, either the green or red deflectors look awsome.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2006, 12:24:01 am »
Well, I was going to post a news comment, but I dont know...its seems too much like self promotion if I post it myself. I'll see if Mike or someone will post the news for me instead.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2006, 09:51:15 pm »
Guys, I was wondering if the downloads at Battleclinic can be edited. Some of the models from my Newships days are there, as well as my current designs and designs built by LC Amaral but owned by Nightsoft. I was wondering if we could get them all under "Raven Night" so when a search is done, they are easy to find. I could research the site to try and find all of the ships I am responsible for.

Yes it is, you need to go through battleclinic and collect the URL number for each ship, then email that list to Mr.Cue and he'll make the corrections. Funny thing, I thought I got all of LC's work uploaded to his OutaLance page. Which ones did I miss  :huh:

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2006, 06:45:27 pm »
Ok, Ill do that. Some of the ships are rather old, being from the newships days, so it will take a while to compile the list. It would just be great if a search shows everything, old and new.

Ok, I wanted to show you guys this, to see what you think. To the aft quarter of the ship is a dual door hangar deck. I wanted to do something like the original Miranda class, but with red lighting instead of blue. This is what I came up with, tell me if you like it. I'm not sure about it...I might go with a plain look....and note that I have not created the light spillover yet on the doors. Just the lenses around the doors.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2006, 07:28:45 pm »

Again, I vote gold or yellow.

Did I mention I like the gold.   ;)

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2006, 08:50:57 pm »
Alright, well, here it is, with my changes, with different color guide lights. Let me know which one you guys prefer, I like the red of course.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2006, 09:53:08 pm »

G - O - L - D         ;D

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2006, 10:30:32 pm »
gold

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2006, 02:51:20 am »
Ok, I changed it to gold, I can change it back if so desired by others. I would like to keep the red deflector though ;)...definitely sets the Marine Corps vessels apart.

Ok, I'm posting a pic of the spine of the ship....its coming along. Once I finish the top and all the bits, its on to the bottom....ugh.

Anyway, I was wondering if it is too much whiteout. Let me know how you think its shaping up.