Topic: USS Enterprise Tribute ...  (Read 2839 times)

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
USS Enterprise Tribute ...
« on: December 13, 2006, 07:08:21 pm »

A little tribute I made in honor of Star Trek turning 40.

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: USS Enterprise Tribute ...
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 07:29:58 pm »

A little tribute I made in honor of Star Trek turning 40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDgkZ4mtVqc

Man I just watched that again. Seeing the Enterprise, a Class that the American flyer, swells my heart with pride. This tribute comes at the perfect time for me. It cheers me up after getting a very disturbing Phone call.

stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 07:45:37 pm »

Hope all is well.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 08:00:05 pm »
Ahh It's my mothers nursing home. Apparently they have a problem with Capitalism, and decided to take things away from my mother.

Long story short, She gave some cigs to a fellow person there (mind you, I can understand problems, this lady had asthema, Which BTW, I consider a psycholigical problem), but I fall short here.

My mom gave here some cigs, and in return, the gal bought her a soda. No problem, heck if they had told My mom Karen about her asthma, I could understand.

Instead, they took away my mom's cigs, for a week, Phone privelgises also. Needless to say, I'm abit ticked off. See my mom calls me every night and afternoon. But I didn't hear from her yesterday at all.

Don't get me wrong, I can't stand my mother for certain things, but I also wish no ill upon her. In the contract with the nursing home, I don't recall signing anything that said, that they could punish her for breaking a rule.

Once again, I wish she wasn't smoking, but No way in hell, would I let a company deny my mom something I bought for her. That's like someone here buying me some Cope, and then taking it away from me.

Needless to say, The rampage is off duty untill tomorrow. during buisness Hours.

But your video there did mean alot. It was a very nice tribute.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 08:24:34 pm »
Sorry to hear about that. My mom died from gallbladder issues helped out by staff she talked into buying her chocolate bars which were a no-no on her diet card because of that issue.

On another note, asthma is not psychological. It appears to be hereditary and the latest thinking is that it's another autimmune disease.  That it is psychological belongs relegated to the past with notions like autistic kids are the product of refrigerator moms who gave them no love.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 08:41:50 pm »
Sorry to hear about that. My mom died from gallbladder issues helped out by staff she talked into buying her chocolate bars which were a no-no on her diet card because of that issue.

On another note, asthma is not psychological. It appears to be hereditary and the latest thinking is that it's another autimmune disease.  That it is psychological belongs relegated to the past with notions like autistic kids are the product of refrigerator moms who gave them no love.

I don't know, I have no heridiray basis too base my life upon, But, I find that most Illnessess like asthma Can be covered with a strong mind.

IN no way am I belittletiling any illness that one may have, As for the autistic thingie, Hell, Dallas, was the one who created my sig. every couple of months I talk to him, and he's Been a champion here for a long time.

Once again, you might be right, But I believe that the human mind can overcome anything.

Stephen

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 08:52:53 pm »
There's something wrong about a nursing home taking away phone priviliges.  Its not a prison, people should be able to call whoever the hell they want.  Nursing homes get paid to take care of old people, that should be their primary focus.

Anyway, Fedman, that was a nice video, I enjoyed it a lot :)
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 09:00:12 pm »
There's something wrong about a nursing home taking away phone priviliges.  Its not a prison, people should be able to call whoever the hell they want.  Nursing homes get paid to take care of old people, that should be their primary focus.

Anyway, Fedman, that was a nice video, I enjoyed it a lot :)

;) :thumbsup:

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2006, 11:44:02 am »
how long was it suppose to be as it kinda locked up on me at 1.42 saw the shuttle in a hanger and that was it.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2006, 11:50:21 am »
I'm thinking around 9 minutes, I could be wrong though. I'll have to look at it again, but I think they show the length of the vid in the Toolbar.

stephen

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 08:26:42 pm »
how long was it suppose to be as it kinda locked up on me at 1.42 saw the shuttle in a hanger and that was it.

Yeah, it locked up for me too, but I was having computer problems, so I assumed it was on my end.
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 08:29:34 pm »

It was something with YouTube.

I had the same problem watching other videos.