Topic: Non-canon Stargate ships in need of clothes  (Read 2819 times)

Offline darkthunder

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • If you see me running, try to keep up.
    • digital-Underground
Non-canon Stargate ships in need of clothes
« on: December 15, 2006, 11:37:20 pm »
I've modelled some non-canon Stargate ships that came out pretty good. I call them the X-305 and the X-306 respectively. The X-305 is a follow-up design to the Promethues (X-303), and the X-306 is a new form of Super-Carrier, capable of carrying 1 X-305 in each of it's hangar bays, or a full squadron of 302s, depending on what the mission requires. The 305 itself, is capable of holding a smaller contingent of 302s in each of it's hangar bays. Needless to say, these bad boys come well equipped :D

Size I have not determined, however, the X-305 should be slightly larger then the Prometheus, and the X-306 would be somewhat larger then the Daedalus. It would have to large enough to fit 2 305s into it's hangar bays at least. I see both these meshes as completed, and they are standing by in 3d Studio Max 6 format.
// Darkthunder

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
Re: Non-canon Stargate ships in need of clothes
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 11:44:24 pm »
they look a tad simple, perhaps if they are low poly enough or can be optimised some fine details such as guns, greebles ect could be added? Stargate ships just need to have more crap sticking out of them.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 10:14:40 am »
maybe do something w/ the bottom so they ain't flat?  i think that'll help finish the design :)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 09:48:44 am »
i would agree with SF on that, SG ships do require a little bit more detail, but its possible to pull them off with hardly any polies at all
I wouldnt mind doing them but i have enough ion my list to complete. Wulf you able to mapp these bad boys for me so i can do a quick texture job?

unfortunatly i am unable to do these at this time, things are taking an unexpected turn at work and with Christmas i am pretty busy. i probably wont be able to get to them till after the holidays.

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.