Topic: Linux Users - Can you play SFC OP froma Linux OS?  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Kid Carrson

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Linux Users - Can you play SFC OP froma Linux OS?
« on: March 03, 2007, 06:41:03 pm »
We're looking at Vista, and alternatives, especially Linux, for our next computers. 

My big question is whether or not you can play SFC OP, and other windows games that run under Windows 98SE and XP, under a Linux OS?  Any thoughts guys?

Also, can you run versons of Word Perfect wtihin Linux?

Thanks for any thoughts.

KC

Offline Kid Carrson

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Linux Users - Can you play SFC OP froma Linux OS?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 06:17:49 pm »
Any idea guys? 

Linux users, how do you play SFC OP?  Dual boot?  Some windows compatible variation of Linux?  Throw me a bone guys!  ;)

Thanks for any info.

KC

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:12:02 pm »
Hey, if there is a way to play windows only games on Linux, tell me, especially if it is SFC, and you might get a hard core convert.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 11:19:29 pm »
The only answers I have for you are either Wine or Cedega.  I believe FireSoul got it working under one of these.  I don't believe that multiplayer worked though so you'd be stuck with single player only.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 07:18:33 am »
Any idea guys? 

Linux users, how do you play SFC OP?  Dual boot?  Some windows compatible variation of Linux?  Throw me a bone guys!  ;)

Thanks for any info.

KC

I don't run Windows programs on my Linux machines so I can't help a lot.  Some programs will run under Wine on Linux however, whether SFC or WordPerfect will I can't say.

Linux and Windows will dual boot (though I don't do so at present).  However you must install Windows then Linux as Windows will erase the dual boot information if it is installed 2nd.  It is possible to fix the dual boot setup is Windows destroys it but again since I don't dual boot I can't say how.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."