Topic: SFC OP X-Ship models  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Chaser617

• Lt. Junior Grade
SFC OP X-Ship models
« on: September 04, 2007, 10:44:01 pm »
I appologize if this question has already been asked, I searched the stickies and did not see it (though I freely admit that I might have missed it)

I have recently returned to SFC OP after a very long hiatus (IE, my disk was destroyed in a college move and was not able to replace till recently).  When I was playing regularly I had found models to represent the X-ships (specifically the Federation XFF and subtypes) that did not get their own models but instead simply used the original model.  These models I used if I remember correctly where 'kitbashes' of the XBC and XDD.  I beleive they where made by pneumonic81 but I have yet to be able to find them again though granted most the sites I used have closed down (not suprisingly considering how long I have been gone).

Out of curiosity if anyone has any idea what I am talking about would you happen to know where I might fight these models if they still exhist?

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
Re: SFC OP X-Ship models
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 01:56:41 am »
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Chaser617

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 07:31:28 am »
Those are close but not quite.  I take it pneumonic81's models are not readily available anymore?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:04:41 am »
just like FW said, check battleclinic. Search for FCX FDX Excalibur Araxes. That'll get you the Cruiser and Destroyer. Anything else? you are gonna have to just hunt for.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Chaser617

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 09:24:47 am »
Thank you for your help, I've found the f-XCA and th 4 nacelle f-XDD (the Pioneer and Excalibure) just need to find the f-XFF

Offline Chaser617

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 09:57:07 am »
I'm trying to remember if when you changed the models of a ship if it scaled that model to the class ship you chose it for (ie an FF being smaller than an FC, even if the model was originally ment for an FC) because the Excalibure looks very similar to what I remember ussing for the f-XFF.

Granted we all know how memory can be a fickle thing...

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 04:32:53 pm »
I'm trying to remember if when you changed the models of a ship if it scaled that model to the class ship you chose it for (ie an FF being smaller than an FC, even if the model was originally ment for an FC) because the Excalibure looks very similar to what I remember ussing for the f-XFF.

Granted we all know how memory can be a fickle thing...

Just download the "D2" model pack at Battleclinic.com do a search "D2" at Battleclinic there are five parts.

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 04:44:01 pm »
No, the D2 frigate was an Oberth class. If I am reading Chaser's request correctly, he is looking for an Excalibur/Araxes-style X-frigate, in the shape of the Okinawa? -=guess=-
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 05:31:19 pm »
Hello chaser
 I Sent you the FFX hannibal and ffx Agustus I think they are the ones you are looking for :)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 06:45:56 pm »
Would you mind putting those up onto BattleClinic?
Robinomicon

Offline Chaser617

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 07:59:27 am »
Thank you for the help those where the exact ships I was looking for.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 06:15:02 pm »
Would you mind putting those up onto BattleClinic?

They are now uploaded Enjoy. If someone could edit the file to give P81 proper credit I put it in the description since there was
no way for me to add it to the submission form I'd appreciate it thanks  ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 06:57:34 pm »
I was not aware that those used the stock parts - i thought it used the uprated parts p81 released to public...I will have to update, lol.

Thanks, man.
Robinomicon

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 10:16:50 pm »
if you go to mackies site and poke around (sorry I don't have the link handy but I am sure many do) you can find some GAFY retextures of p81's old vessels that will totaly blow you away.

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 11:49:06 pm »
if you go to mackies site and poke around (sorry I don't have the link handy but I am sure many do) you can find some GAFY retextures of p81's old vessels that will totaly blow you away.
ahh yeah good point, they should be there too... I forgot  ;D
http://www.stupidfusion.com