Topic: SG7 Kills/RP Thread (sticky)  (Read 44984 times)

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
Re: SG7 Kills/RP Thread (sticky)
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2007, 10:11:13 pm »
In the final minutes of the war WG-Malaks I-CCX loses contact for the second time the Dreatpirategeek K-C10f (m) ??

Between those mirvs, fighters and PF's I couldn't get close enough for a clean shot with my plas R's. GG geek, I'll see you again soon (hopefully without all that cheese).

+1 for keeping me on my toes !!!
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2007, 10:11:24 pm »

Unfortunatly due to some strange rule, the win doesn't count because I wasn't suppose to fly another X ship for 12 hours. Who made up those rules anyways   ::)

Dizzy  ;D

Good job on the other PvP fight though.   Good to see you still got the "stuff."
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Kruk

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2007, 10:15:18 pm »

Unfortunatly due to some strange rule, the win doesn't count because I wasn't suppose to fly another X ship for 12 hours. Who made up those rules anyways   ::)

Dizzy  ;D

Good job on the other PvP fight though.   Good to see you still got the "stuff."

I'm trying, but it's hard coming back after 3 years and having to deal with all those new rules and regulations. Not to mention PF's and fighters in late ERA

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2007, 10:17:16 pm »

Dizzy  ;D

I'm trying, but it's hard coming back after 3 years and having to deal with all those new rules and regulations. Not to mention PF's and fighters in late ERA

You'll adapt

Offline Kruk

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2007, 10:20:29 pm »

Dizzy  ;D

You'll adapt

Yeah, I guess I will

I love the CX however, great at Hex munching. The CLX is not bad either but could use a few more points of power. Great turn curve though, just like the CLC

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2007, 10:22:34 pm »
Fighters   ::)

Cheeze

On the other hand, General-Kruk's CX brings down Soth1's DXD in a excellent battle that saw 6 OL torps hit at range 8.5 to secure the win. SP did the rest.

Does anyone else find it amusing to see an X-ship battle consider "the other hand" from the one containing "cheese"?  I know I do.  

Things that make you go  ::)

No offense to you Kruk, but almost everything on the shiplist this last week has been totally cheddery.

Iron Captains Wooden starsh*ts and the 2260s for me anyday.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2007, 10:26:28 pm »

Dizzy  ;D

You'll adapt

Yeah, I guess I will

I love the CX however, great at Hex munching. The CLX is not bad either but could use a few more points of power. Great turn curve though, just like the CLC

The early X-ships give pilots a non-Attrition option in late era.   Figured that's right up your alley.  Show up to the training matched in the next couple of weeks before AOTK3 and I'll have 100% up to speed

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2007, 10:28:33 pm »
Fighters   ::)

Cheeze

On the other hand, General-Kruk's CX brings down Soth1's DXD in a excellent battle that saw 6 OL torps hit at range 8.5 to secure the win. SP did the rest.

Does anyone else find it amusing to see an X-ship battle consider "the other hand" from the one containing "cheese"?  I know I do. 

Things that make you go  ::)

No offense to you Kruk, but almost everything on the shiplist this last week has been totally cheddery.

Coming from the Kitty who likes Z-HDWs   ;D

Offline Kruk

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2007, 10:29:10 pm »
Fighters   ::)

Cheeze

Does anyone else find it amusing to see an X-ship battle consider "the other hand" from the one containing "cheese"?  I know I do.  

Things that make you go  ::)

And I agree with you, although I would consider the CX to be more of a light Dread then cheese. Having 8 fighters lunching a sh*t load of drones on you from range 8, plus the 4 highspeed drones from the C7V at the same time, now that is a lot of Swiss and Cheddar without any wine involved.

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2007, 10:43:22 pm »

Not as much as I like CC battles in early.   ;)

But you can't fault me for loving the C7 killer.

Never fly them much anymore anyhow X-ships make them obsolute when they arrive fresh from the yard these days.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2007, 10:52:07 pm »

Never fly them much anymore anyhow X-ships make them obsolute when they arrive fresh from the yard these days.

So a .67 move cost ship that pwns C7s is okay, but these X-ships are too much.   I buy that logic   ;D

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #251 on: April 29, 2007, 11:07:03 pm »

So a .67 move cost ship that pwns C7s is okay, but these X-ships are too much.   I buy that logic   ;D

If you were flying the C7 would you be pwned?   The DF kills people too, people who have no business being killed by a DF.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #252 on: April 29, 2007, 11:11:35 pm »

If you were flying the C7 would you be pwned?   The DF kills people too, people who have no business being killed by a DF.

Quit picking on t00l!!!   :rofl:

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #253 on: April 30, 2007, 02:18:01 am »

Mine munched C10kf's...  ;D

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #254 on: April 30, 2007, 12:30:44 pm »
Which one of you caught me last night on the Klingon planet we have up in Gorn space?  It was around 1:30-2:00 A.M..  Sorry I dropped out, but I crashed to desktop, and I was just planning on stocking my ship and getting off anyway.  It's a bit of a shame, really, as I have this really nice C10Kf that's just begging to be flown against the Alliance.

That would have been Agave and myself.

He was in a G-BCS and I was in a F-PF_Ld.  Could have been an interesting battle though I doubt my eggshell hull would have survived it....
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2007, 12:43:10 pm »
Yeah, sorry about the Mirvs.  I didn't realize FiCons weren't allowed, but the guys clued me in.  In our second fight I just had plain GIDs.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in space again.  I'll keep the disruptors warm.   

Amazing that you, as a part time player knew this... but some others, who are long time nutters, didn't....

Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2007, 01:57:47 pm »
Yeah, sorry about the Mirvs.  I didn't realize FiCons weren't allowed, but the guys clued me in.  In our second fight I just had plain GIDs.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in space again.  I'll keep the disruptors warm.   

Amazing that you, as a part time player knew this... but some others, who are long time nutters, didn't....

He didn't know because it was only posted about not using the PFL the day before, as it was only discovered the Leader's launched additional PFs late in the server, that has never happened before, and I failed to make a post in the Coalition forums to notify all my pilots.
So I guess the fault is mine.
Perhaps had we had more testing time the error would have been discovered sooner than 3 days before the server ended when the PFLs came out.

I think we'll just write it off as a lesson learned, just like all the ones like not flying CAs in the Mosh Pit, disengagement radius, gotta have 1 CC or line ship in a 3 player fleet, putting X in your shipname for X ships, etc.  ;)
Considering the amount of rules and mid-server rule changes, it's no small wonder... ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:13:02 pm by KBFLordKrueg »
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #257 on: April 30, 2007, 02:33:11 pm »
For round 3 I come up with:
21 kill points for the Alliance

38 Kill points for the Coalition. Plus 10 kill points for the Planet in the center of the Mosh Pit makes 48 Kill points.

Does that mean the Coalition scored an additional PvP VP...?
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #258 on: April 30, 2007, 02:39:17 pm »
Quit picking on t00l!!!   :rofl:

As if he is the only one.  But I will admit, that was perhaps the funniest one. 

The actual list of DF victims includes many others who had no business being killed by one.  One mistake is all it takes usually, but it hardly makes ships like these uber in anyway, just fun to fly.