Topic: Ferret's Bar and Grill "Walmart Rumor I posted in H&S Forum"  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Ferretlxix_XC

• Methane Breathing Weasel Capt. & Halo/RvB fanatic
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Hydran Capt Xeno Corp, XC clan overlord Halo 2
Ferret's Bar and Grill "Walmart Rumor I posted in H&S Forum"
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:28:05 am »
Walmart rumor I posted in 'Hot and Spicy' forum

If it's true, Sony may be in for a bit of hurt.

Offline Stormbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Ferret's Bar and Grill "Walmart Rumor I posted in H&S Forum"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 11:09:09 pm »

i read your initial post. ihave 600 dvds. there is no way in hell i will switched to blu-ray or even the other format. i won't notice the difference in definition nor does it add any new element the way dvd introduced subtitles, versions, stills, and going to points without rewinding or fast forwarding. I replaced my vhs tapes slowly and am finally through with my old library save a few out of circulation titles. i'll be damned if i am going to do it all again for no eal improvement in function.

Offline Ferretlxix_XC

• Methane Breathing Weasel Capt. & Halo/RvB fanatic
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Hydran Capt Xeno Corp, XC clan overlord Halo 2
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 04:24:22 am »
I know what you mean.  I still have yet to replace my old tapes.
But rigt now, I'm happy with the DvDs that we have and I'll only switch if I feel it's time to get a new player, hell we still are using a standard def tv but, I figure that'll be upgraded when we move to a new duty station. 
I guess the advantage about the new players, is that we can use our old discs on the newr players.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 07:05:58 pm »
I object to the DRM1 on DVDs (though I use DVDs) why would I want the HD disks that have even more intrusive DRM?  Why would I want a DRM system that can revoke my right to use the legally bought disk?  Then againt there are all the variation on HD TVs that are being sold most of which don't match the top specifications leaving you with an image that doesn't come up to what you should expect.

1 DRM = Digital Rights Management and if you think its your rights that they work to manage your wrong - your legal rights get restricted.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 08:57:49 pm »

i read your initial post. ihave 600 dvds. there is no way in hell i will switched to blu-ray or even the other format. i won't notice the difference in definition nor does it add any new element the way dvd introduced subtitles, versions, stills, and going to points without rewinding or fast forwarding. I replaced my vhs tapes slowly and am finally through with my old library save a few out of circulation titles. i'll be damned if i am going to do it all again for no eal improvement in function.

Sure you do Storm... Nudges Storm to replace everything. ;)

For those not in the know, I was lucky to get all his old VHS tapes. :D

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Stormbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 09:47:36 pm »
lol  ;D