Topic: Result.  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
Result.
« on: July 30, 2007, 03:13:01 pm »
 :) :(  I have good news and bad news. I have found out who made NDF . The team who made it consists of 2 people who call themselves Wildcard and Sean. Wildcard is a member of puterz.net . I have tried to contact him even with a personal message but i found out later that my message bounced so here is the bad news: Both of them can not be reached by me. So what now ??? :'(

Offline Shadow9216

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Result.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 03:41:28 pm »
So now you use the customization guide and swap races to make the others playable.  I tested it and added a playable Cardassian ship to the Federation, so you should be able to make all their ships playable by either adding them to the Borg (delete the stock Borg if you want) or swapping Cardassian for Borg.  The Romulans should still be playable, but if not just copy their files from a stock install and paste them into the NDF folders.

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 04:15:01 am »
Sorry but i can not do that because i do not know how. I am not that well informed about how computers work. Afterall i do not have a degree in information technolagy. In my education yeeeeaaars ago there were no computers involved you know in the stone age. All i know about computers is what i have been able to pick up from people in my family and they had to keep it simple otherwise i would not understand. :-[

Offline Shadow9216

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 04:23:50 pm »
Wellll...
It's strange to me how the mod community works for this game- over on the Silent Hunter forums, we all share each other's work- if I make a mod and you improve it, you credit my work and go from there...next guy does the same thing and we all share in a better game.  Here it seems there's no mechanism to do that- if you put out a mod, and I want to change it, I have to get your permission to do that...is that correct?  If so, I'm not certain what the next step would be.  I have a NDF campaign where I'm busy chipping away at the Cardassian Empire.  I can also play the Romulans, Klingons, even the Borg.  It would be relatively easy, but time consuming, to change one of the races to Cardassian and make them playable, but then what?  Do I release this as an update to NDF?  A new mod?  I'm hesitant to really do anything with this...Greenvalv made a great tutorial which steps you through some of what I've described above, and you don't need to be an advanced programmer to do it.  Is there anyone who can offer a ruling on this whole NDF debacle?  I know you've been doing your best Sherlock Holmes impression trying to find the authors, but it seems like it's abandonware...

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 01:26:20 pm »
 :angel: Thanks for the mail. You see there is one tiny little problem with me that you do not seem to know. I have a mental problem called autism . There are about 40 symptums to it. I have 9. One of wich has to do with learning. I have to learn from example in other words in order for me to learn something i have to see how it is beeing done. The other 8 have to do with other things. It is impossible to have all 40 because some of them contradict others. On my own it is impossible for me to mod anything for the first time because i have never done or seen it done before. So there you have my problem. There is no easy answer to mend it. :angel: