Topic: My WIP's (many of them.. all TOS era.. many pics)  (Read 16859 times)

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
My WIP's (many of them.. all TOS era.. many pics)
« on: July 31, 2007, 10:27:40 am »
Ive been out of the picture for quite a while now. Not by choice more like a lack of options. I haven't put out anything new in a long time, because quite honestly i haven't had very much free time available to me to model. I travel allot for work, and i am rarely at my home computer. However, what little time i do have i have been working on some new stuff. I cant say when these will be finished, because i don't know my schedules between work trips.

Though this is up on atrahasis's site, it is still not quite finished. I still need to do weathering to her. It is just a re-texture of Atras Lief Ericson model :)

My version of the DY-100. Mesh, and base textures are done. Again still needs a weather job.

I decided to build my own Romulan BoP. Mesh is finished it just needs a skin

My version of the "K" series station (K-7 station) again mesh is done just needs textures.

This is an interesting ship i am working on. It is a variation of the Ralph McQuarrie concept model of the refit Enterpise intended for a scrapped ST movie called "Planet of Titans". This is a similar design, but not the same ship. An earlier version of this ship was built by Commander Jones, and used in my old homeworld mod as a light carrier (because of her huge permanently open hanger bay). What we wanted for the mod was a ship that pre-dated the Constitution. Built around the same time as the Detroyat (and using some detroyat components). The old model came out great, but it still wasnt quite there. So i rebuilt the ship, and added more of the McQuarrie concept to it while keeping the same idea of a ship that pre-dates the connie. Here is the finished model, and "rough" WIP textures. keep in mind the textures are still rough WIP's

Offline Adonis

• Dark Slayer
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Da Death Squad ™®©
    • Star Trek Excalibur
Re: My WIP's (many of them.. all TOS era.. many pics)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 12:11:16 pm »
I want that PhaseII Enterprise-like ship :P
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 12:23:24 pm »
I want that PhaseII Enterprise-like ship :P

Agreed I've always luved those sketches.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 07:13:49 pm »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 09:51:45 am by Fallen_Warrior »
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

Offline USS Mariner

• Heavy Cruiser, NCC-1712
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 06:40:14 am »
Love the McQuarrie, but just once I'd like a ship that's more or less the same design as what he and Ken Adams made (either version, but still.)

Yours is good too though. And will you only do the "sawblade" version of K7 or will you try and make the original, rounded version of the station? I've seen many tries but I think you can pull it off right.
"Improve a mechanical device and you may double productivity. But improve man, you gain a thousandfold." - Khan

Steam: Mariner1712

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 10:19:05 am »
The only thing I don't like on the Phase 2 concept is that ENT era looking deflector dish.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 03:45:09 pm »
I dunno, the deflector really makes no difference to me (then again I think the whole phase 2 ship is ugly anyways)

hey stress, are your profile email addy's updated? I got a guy bugging me to contact you for permission on a tos bash so I gave him the emails.

Anyways, I especialy like that fighter you got up at the top. ANy chance you'd take over schtups unfinished wips? He's got a couple carriers for fighters and a shed load of shuttles which would match up well with yours.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 10:34:21 pm »
Anyways, I especialy like that fighter you got up at the top

What fighter ????  :huh: That first ship is a cruiser  :D

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 03:16:28 pm »
I know it is very hard to contact me. This is intentional, because i dont have any free time to sift though hundreds of e-mails from people asking permissions, or making model request. The e-mails i use are spam magnets, and i rarely if ever check them. It is best to leave a message via PM on the dyna boards if you really want to get in touch with me. I do check them every once in a while. Just dont expect a fast response ;) I do travel for work for long periods of time, and i am rarely at my home computer.

My blanket permission policy still stands. As long as i am credited for whatever original model is used to bash, or for my models use mods i am cool with it. Just dont post my models on mass download sites like Battleclinic or SFCfiles, because ill do that myself when i get the free time. The only exception to that is if my models are part of a bigger mod.

I dont do model request for the same reasons stated above. I just dont have the free time anymore due to my traveling for work. My work schedule is very erratic. Sometimes ill have few weeks off (which is a bad thing financially), and others i may be away for 2-3 months at a time.

IIRC the original McQuarrie drawings didnt have a deflector at all (at least i dont see one from the drawings i have). I added it because it made more sense to have one than to not have one. This particular ship is supposed to be older than the Constitution, and retired by the time the connies came into the picture. The deflector array is similar to the NX class deflector array. The warp nacelles are based on the McQuarrie drawings, but flipped backwards, and i added on the bussard domes (i may also add the points like on the pilot connie later on). The saucer is a modified detroyat saucer. The rest of the ship is as close to the drawings as i can make it. This ship has much in common with the Galaxy class in its overall shape, and i am beginning to wonder if they used the McQuarrie drawings as a guide to design the Galaxy class. While it is intended to be an older ship than the connie, and "retired". She still serves a purpose. The McQuarrie has a HUGE hanger bay for a ship her size. Something that the feds needed badly during the general war according to SFB lore. This ship was intended to be a pre-connie explorer, but wound up being reactivated and refitted into a light carrier role holding approx 8 fighters (vs the McArthurs 12 iirc) plus her own armaments..I really LIKE this ship, and it is coming out better than what i expected it to. She will be the 1st of the new batch of models to be finished when i get the time to work on her.

Since ive been gone for a few weeks no progress to report.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:17:33 pm by TheStressPuppy »

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 05:04:05 pm »
i like the romulan bOp, can't wait to see a skin on it :)

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 05:07:13 pm »
Some progress, not much but some. Time, and motivation is my worst enemy. I went with an ENT era deflector on the McQuarrie to show the ships age. She is intended to be older than the Connie, but built around the same time as the Detroyat. Some may think wait. Didn't the phase 2 study come after TOS?. Yes it did, but this is an older non-canon ship "Based" off of that phase 2 design. I am gonna get rid of those "tanks" on the dorsal, and replace them with a docking airlock. I will also redo the grid lines. The biggest challenges are going to be the Nacelles, and the hanger bay. This is supposed to be the 1st federation ship with a permanently open bay using a forcefield to maintain environment (a bad idea since later ships went with closed bays). The advantage is shuttles can enter, and leave rapidly simultaneously. That area below the shuttle bay is supposed to be an impulse engine according to the drawings. It is NOT going to be on this model. I can just see shuttles getting cooked by the impulse exhaust. It will be an exhaust, or cooling vent of some kind.

The saucer and hull texture of the McQuarrie is almost finished minus the fine detailing. She isnt intended to be an SFC model hence no registry's on the saucer or hull yet. I may do that at a later time, I may not. The game she is meant for will see multiple ships like this at the same time. So it would look stupid to have 10 NCC-1200's on the map. None of the ships for my new mod will have registry's. Except for unique ones (where only 1 can be built).

Offline AsYlUm

• Follow the white rabbit
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 03:55:53 am »
very nice work...   love the details your adding too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD3YBxBlR5E         <-- gagarin video

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 10:07:52 pm »
BUMP for an update  :)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 11:07:44 pm »
I cought him on msn tonight and he said he hasn't touched a poly in months and is moving.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 11:22:16 pm »
I cought him on msn tonight and he said he hasn't touched a poly in months and is moving.

Well then the wait goes on  :'(

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 08:18:45 pm »
a mont have pass since, any news??   :popcorn:

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 11:22:53 pm »
He's off playing Sins of a Solar Empire and creating a Dominion War mod for it rather than a much cooler TOS mod that he was too chicken to go through with.  CHICKEN!!! BOC!! BOC!! BOC!!  BOC!!! BOC!!!!

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 05:05:07 pm »
a year pass, what are the news on the model?  :whip:

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 07:09:37 pm »
All but the McQuarrie are done. The Mcquarrie is on ice for now. The NanoFX Evolved site has most of my recent works. Atrahasis forums has the K-7, and Warbird models, because he textured them for me.

I am pretty much done with SFC modding being that it SFC doesnt support widescreen, and also has problems running on 64 bit vista systems. Running it on virtual PC doesnt cut it for me. The whole SFC series was great in its time, but it is really showing signs of its age now just as i am ( i am 45). If Dynaverse is serious about the SFC 4 project i may take interest again IF they keep the gameplay true to Starfleet Battles, and not veer off like SFC 3 did. I may dislike SFB style ship designs, but nothing can beat SFB's gameplay.

I didnt chicken out on TOS. TOS just doesnt interest me anymore from a modelers point of view. Most of the 60's era TOS style is nothing but saucers with bolt on nacelles in various configurations. I want to do things that are a "little" more challenging, and imaginative.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:31:21 pm by TheStressPuppy »

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 07:13:55 am »
Atra has gone on hiatus again, so his downloads are dead.  Might you be able to upload you collaborations somewhere else until (if) he ever gets his site back up?

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 11:14:41 am »
You can find my most recent works on the NanoFX site here http://www.nanofx-evolved.com/index.php. All but the McQuarrie because i never finished that model. I dont have the mesh anymore. Some of what i posted there is already on Battleclinic, but some are not.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 08:28:58 pm »
Links not working :(

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2011, 09:38:25 pm »
it's just a typo in the link. Delete the last period after "index.php"

Offline Hollis J Wood

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 10:42:03 am »
looks good