Topic: driver  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
driver
« on: September 24, 2007, 04:46:30 pm »
i got a game that keep crashing when starting, i ask the support from the game and the ask me to: Additionally please check the manufacturer website of your Mainboard for the latest driver of your soundchip.

this is the website for my motherboard with the drivers: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=A8N-E

i don't want to screw up my com in downloading the wrong stuff, so anyone can tell me what to do?

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
Re: driver
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 04:56:15 pm »
i found out what the want, not sure that will realy help but i will try.

the game is patch the video card got the latesd driver and the sound card also have it now, if the game still crash back to the desk top then its there game that got a problem.

the game is: Glory of the Roman Empire

the other game that crash after 10 minutes of play is:  Sid Meier's Civilization 4

its anoying when there game got problem and it never there fault, its because you don't have the requirement for the game or you don't have the lates driver for the video card, sound card, cpu, bio, mother board, monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, cd/dvd, usb port, ect.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 05:47:34 pm »
Tech Support for most games are egotistical, and will deny they are the cause of your problems. Of course having the most up to date drivers really does help, but I mean, I can run the latest games on 6 year old chipsets, and 5 year old BIOS so in reality they will just look for an excuse to say its not them.
Whats the error you keep getting by the way? Or is it just one of those standard XP "Were sorry this program had to close" errors?
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 06:36:10 pm »
no error message, the game jusat kick back to the desktop.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 10:15:32 am »
m tired of the respond the send me, here what the tell me to do or ask if i have:

CDV Support: Please update your game with the auto update function. So you can be sure that you have the latest patch installed.

me: i already try ihat and no change.

CDV Support:I advise to install the latest device driver for your video card from the manufacturer website

me: i did that when i try another game that wont work with a nvidia geforce card.

CDV Support: Please send us a new DXDiag-File after you have installed the latest driver for your video card

me: the one you have is up to date.

CDV Support: please have a look on the website below how to perform a Clean Boot:

me: i try that and the game still crash during loding.

CDV Support: could it be possible you're using software called: FFDSHOW? Unfortunately this software could interfere with Glory of the Roman Empire.

me: i don't have that software.

CDV Support: please ensure you installed the latest DirectX version

me i have the latest.9.0c

CDV Support: please note there're existing different versions of Directx 9.0c. Please install the DirectX version from the "Glory of the Roman Empire" disc or from the website

sure, there many version with the same names and the one i have is not good.

m tired of all the excuse the gave me, like the game is working fine, it must be you who did not update the drivers of your monitor, cpu, bios, dvd/rw, ect.

hour game is fine, (if it was and it was my computer, why is that the sims 2 work fine), ok the sims is kinda old beside the new adition .

but civilization 4 work beside the fact that the game crash back to the desk top after half an hour of play.

i will try there game on another computer and see if its the game.

i might uninstall that game since its not working and there no good answer to help fix the problem.

Offline FCM_SFHQ_XC

• There is life outside of Windows..
  • Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
  • Starbase Atlantis [X-refit]
    • 9th Fleet
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 12:11:29 pm »
Its because the tech support reads off a script. The ask 1 question from it and from there follow the tree to the next question to e-mail. Adventually they reach the bottom then e-mails just -stop-. At least that is what happens to me.
I am not certain if companies tech support for games have level 2 tech support like ISP have level 2 technicians that you*must* ask to be transfered to for a level 1 to transfer you there. If they do then you need to ask for level 2, otherwise if they dont have it.. tech support wont be much help.
Starfleet Headquarters out.

Fleet Commodore, XenoCorp, ISC Fleet.