Topic: New Star Wars Ships.....A Major A. Payne/ModelsPlease Release  (Read 2338 times)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
Re: New Star Wars Ships.....A Major A. Payne/ModelsPlease Release
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:38:38 am »
Here we go ........................
Enjoy !!!!!
-MAP/MP

Hey MP, just a quick non-related technical question..  what are you using to render your shots?  Deep Exploration?  Just curious..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline JohanobesusII

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 01:14:26 pm »
I hate to be negative, but the texture mapping on the Mon Calamari ship looks pretty sloppy, mainly because of the windows.  The hangar does look awesome.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 05:27:01 pm »
Here we go ........................
Enjoy !!!!!
-MAP/MP

Hey MP, just a quick non-related technical question..  what are you using to render your shots?  Deep Exploration?  Just curious..

MOD Viewer.....Print page, put in paint,add black backround...LOL for quickies. PSP8 when I want good ones

I hate to be negative, but the texture mapping on the Mon Calamari ship looks pretty sloppy, mainly because of the windows.  The hangar does look awesome.

No worries, I didn't build that one just did the conversion HP,DP and scale on it  ;)

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2007, 11:28:38 pm »
These are Sweet  :thumbsup:  Is the Relentlass suposed to be a interdictor cruiser ?  Just wondering with the spheres on the bottom and all.   
Time for life!

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2007, 02:07:12 am »
These are Sweet  :thumbsup:  Is the Relentlass suposed to be a interdictor cruiser ?  Just wondering with the spheres on the bottom and all.   

OUTALANCE SHIPYARDS
Relentless
Imperial I-class Star Destroyer

- Manufacturer: Sienar Fleet Systems Immobilizer 418
- Length: 600 meter
- Speed: 40MGLT
- Crew: 17.185, Two TIE fighters, one TIE Interceptor and one TIE Bomber squadron
- Weapons: 30 Heavy turbolasers, 20 Ion cannons (computer assisted targeting), 10 tractor beams
- Shields/Armor: Titanium reinforced hull
- Special Features: 2 artificial gravity-well projectors

The Relentless was an Imperial I-class Star Destroyer.
The six hundred meter long star cruiser is built on a standard heavy-cruiser hull which was best known as part of Grand Admiral Thrawn's fleet during his campaign against the New Republic.
Until 0 ABY, the Relentless was commanded by Captain Parlan, who directed the Imperial search for Adar Tallon on Tatooine.
After failing in his mission, Parlan was executed by Darth Vader.
Soon afterwards, Captain Westen was given command of the Relentless, but he met the same fate when he, too, failed Lord Vader.
By 4 ABY, Captain Dorja was in command of the Relentless.
A cautious commander, Dorja commanded the vessel during the Battle of Endor, where the Relentless was distinguished by not sustaining any casualties.
Afterwards, the Relentless retreated along with the Chimaera, and remained part of the fleet faction which Thrawn would eventually command.
Dorja's personal differences with the Chimaera's captain, Gilad Pellaeon, and Grand Admiral Thrawn relegated him to a minor role in the latter's campaign of 9 ABY.
The Relentless played a role in the Second Battle of New Cov, where its crew attempted to capture Han Solo and Luke Skywalker.
The Relentless also saw action during the capture of the Ukio system and the Battle of Bilbringi.
The Relentless, still under Dorja's command, eventually entered the service of the Imperial Remnant's Braxant Sector Fleet, taking orders from Moff Vilim Disra and Pellaeon (now a Fleet Admiral).
In 19 ABY, the Relentless was sent by Disra to intercept a Corellian corvette near Morishim.
This corvette carried Colonel Meizh Vermel, a courier sent by Pellaeon to enter peace negotiations with the New Republic.
Later that year, the Relentless was at the Battle of Yaga Minor, carrying the Remnant's ruling triumvirate (Moff Disra, Major Grodin Tierce, and the Thrawn impersonator Flim).
In 28 ABY, following the Imperial Starfleet's retreat from the Battle of Bastion and the withdrawal at Yaga Minor, the Relentless led Fleet Group Relentless, one of four temporary battlegroups created for the defense of Borosk against the Yuuzhan Vong invaders.
Following the battle, the Relentless was among the Star Destroyers ordered deployed from Borosk to assist in the defense of Yaga Minor.
Following Yaga Minor, the Relentless accompanied the Right to Rule on its hunt of the remaining forces of B'sh*th Vorrik to Generis and then Esfandia where it participated in the Battle of Esfandia.
The Relentless is the prototype for the next generation of Star Destroyers which would later be classified as the Interdictor Cruiser.
It carries an artificial gravity-well generator and two gravity-well projectors, which act together to simulate the tremendous effect of a stellar body in hyperspace.
When activated, the artificial gravity wells prevent nearby starship from escaping into hyperspace.
Any ship already in hyperspace that crosses such a gravity well immediately drops to real space.
Cutting off the escape to hyperspace.
The Imperial I-class Star Destroyer also carries advanced and highly experimental weaponery and shielding, and even its fighter compliment are new and previously unseen.

Hope that helps, all information came from the Wookiepedia  ;). Oh BTW Kreeargh any news on the K-Wing?