Topic: Lyran Dn class....Dizzy updated 3 Xdn .........  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
Lyran Dn class....Dizzy updated 3 Xdn .........
« on: January 05, 2008, 10:56:09 pm »

Update on a old design been modeling this one on and off for last few days

DD
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:09:05 am by Darkdrone »

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Re: Lyran Dn class.........................
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 07:34:05 pm »
Nice  :thumbsup: I like the similarity's in design to the stock version but the windows might be a bit to big for a Dn maybe ?
Time for life!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 10:27:05 pm »
One of your rare models I don't like. Probably because it's so accurate to how their ships were described to be built... I'm just not a fan of the stock style.

Offline Jay1886

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 05:48:19 pm »
The only thing I don't like is the ribbed step-on iron at the main hull cylinder. It'd look better if greenish such as the smaller hull I think.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 05:55:28 pm »
Well, kudos for dardrone staying faithful to the basic design style for the Lyran DN and offering another choice along those lines, but my beef is they look like giant boxy Volvo station wagon space taxis. Lyran is my favorite race to fly too... But damn, for cats they take such a practical approach to ship building for DN's... I use some of the Taldren Xship models for my early and middle era Lyran ships. I just like the look better.

Offline Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 02:00:44 am »
Well, kudos for dardrone staying faithful to the basic design style for the Lyran DN and offering another choice along those lines, but my beef is they look like giant boxy Volvo station wagon space taxis. Lyran is my favorite race to fly too... But damn, for cats they take such a practical approach to ship building for DN's... I use some of the Taldren Xship models for my early and middle era Lyran ships. I just like the look better.

I`ll Look over the LDX and LCX when i get time next see if i come up with a dn desiign off them
as i always say each to his own :)

DD

Offline Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
Re: Lyran Dn class....Dizzy updated Xdn idea so far
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 02:21:10 am »

what i`ve done so far still few things too try out

DD

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 07:18:12 am »
Ok, I just got docked 2 karma for this thread. Lousy you can't offer honest feedback without being punished.

1st thing's first. Let me be clear. The 1st mesh is fine. Like I said it faithfully captures the exact design style the Lyrans use for their DN's and I said darkdrone did a great job on it offerring us another choice along those lines. 2nd, that particular design style isn't my cup of tea. Go ahead, dock me some more karma for me not liking giant Volvo yellow space taxis. 3rd, looks like darkdrone just delivered big on something no one has ever done before. A Taldren X-era style L-DN mesh. I love it. Run with it darkdrone u might end up with a winner... but don't expect to get away without some negative karma for your effort. Apparently, there are several peeps out there who swear by the giant Volvo yellow taxi concept. +1 karma for your efforts so far, darkdrone. ;)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 10:35:05 am »
Ok, I just got docked 2 karma for this thread. Lousy you can't offer honest feedback without being punished.

1st thing's first. Let me be clear. The 1st mesh is fine. Like I said it faithfully captures the exact design style the Lyrans use for their DN's and I said darkdrone did a great job on it offerring us another choice along those lines. 2nd, that particular design style isn't my cup of tea. Go ahead, dock me some more karma for me not liking giant Volvo yellow space taxis. 3rd, looks like darkdrone just delivered big on something no one has ever done before. A Taldren X-era style L-DN mesh. I love it. Run with it darkdrone u might end up with a winner... but don't expect to get away without some negative karma for your effort. Apparently, there are several peeps out there who swear by the giant Volvo yellow taxi concept. +1 karma for your efforts so far, darkdrone. ;)

Hey, I drive a yellow Volvo.. and I have another Volvo station wagon.  That being said, DD is being true to the game, and you're being real with your opinions on the subject, and unless I've heard different, the government down there hasn't taken away First Amendment rights. (yet) ;)

+1 karma for being honest with your opinion Dizzy.. honest feedback is what makes things grow and be better for everyone.  :D
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 11:45:39 am »

still alot too do but got down some textures and still got more too model in yet
but i think it gives the genral idea

DD

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: Lyran Dn class....Dizzy updated 2 Xdn idea so far
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 11:46:58 am »
Needs more green glow imo. Cool departure from the originals. I kinda like it.

Offline Darkdrone

• Drone
  • Lt.
  • Unimatrix One
    • Unimatrix One
Re: Lyran Dn class....Dizzy updated 2 Xdn idea so far
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 11:08:34 am »

Added in green like you wanted tryed too keep same style as the x class ships
easyer said then done lol

removed the grey texture on the gun arms and replaced with a darker brown looks far better i think

also added other fin too the top and started too model the bridge in

still needs more done too her and more modeled in

DD

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: Lyran Dn class....Dizzy updated 3 Xdn .........
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 04:08:36 am »
I think they're pretty cool. Overal shape is good. The texturing is good. If I may be so bold, I'd like to see some sharper angles and less boxiness. The originals wern't bad either, just not my cup of tea. Are you going to finish those variants as well?

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
Re: Lyran Dn class....Dizzy updated 3 Xdn .........
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 10:00:50 am »
I actualy like the boxyness, and I ususaly hate lyrans lol. These are some of the best of this style I've seen done in terms of both model and texture. Btw, whats with all the little red X's on the sides?