Topic: maintenance screen  (Read 2689 times)

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
maintenance screen
« on: April 22, 2008, 05:22:29 pm »
So am I the only one who keeps getting a maintenance screen for the Dynaverse if you go to the address www.dynaverse.net?  When I go to just dynaverse.net it loads fine, but if I hit the reload button to refresh the messages it gives me the Dynaverse is down for scheduled maintenance screen.  I hit my homepage button that (now) goes to just dynaverse.net and it loads just fine.

Just wondering.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: maintenance screen
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 05:50:46 pm »
D.net run maintenance every night around 4 AM or so which means that the site is down for about 10 min and on occasion a half an hour to an hour.

as for you seeing a web page, and then clicking on a link and getting the maintainence screen.. that means your browser settings are not correct..

You browser is currently set to Automatically load a page.. which means that if a site is currently offline, your browser will load a page from your Temporary Internet Files and will display it and make you think the site is still online..

To fix this issue, at the top of Internet Explorer, click on Tools and select Internet Options

Look at Browsing History and click Settings.

Move the dot from Automatically to Every Time I visit the Webpage

You can also lower the ammount of space that Windows reserved on your HDD for temporary Internet Files...

It is also recommended that at least once a week, go in Internet Options and click Delete to remove form data, temp Internet files, and history.. I would leave Cookies and Passwords alone unless you like putting them all back in on your favorite sites. you will get a pop up window where you can delete specific things or everything.. I usually leave cookies and passwords alone otherwise I have to re-log into each site I visit regularly.

Hope that this helps.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 01:38:36 am »
actually I get it when I click on the Dynaverse.net.org logo on my screen from the webpage to go back to the main page after I look at a message.  Happens anytime of the day right now.  (I mistyped when I put my back button).  So a link on your own sight does it, or if you type in www. before the webpage in the browser (at least for mine, both Firefox and IE does it).
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Braxton_RIP

• Lt. Commander
    • Dynaverse.net
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 02:26:26 am »
Delete all of those things that Pesty mentioned and you should be fine.
Braxton,
Old Geezer

Typical Fleet:
F-DNL, F-CB, F-CLC
Braxton's Fleet:
F-CVTCR, F-BTR, F-BTL+