Topic: I need a working phpbb community login  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
I need a working phpbb community login
« on: April 06, 2008, 10:33:30 am »
I am unable to recover my account at http://www.phpbb.com/community/

My email is already registered however it will not send me a new password without the username and "Bonk" is apparently taken by somebody else. Normally I use TheRealBonk when that is the case somewhere but that is not my username either. Bloody retarded, if I have the email it should send the info...

So, I made a new hotmail account, registered under bbphp_bonk (it wouldn't let me use phpbb_bonk), and hours later I am still waiting for an activation email.

I need to post there in this thread: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=589439&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

So, does anybody have a working account there I can use to post? Is anyone else able to create a working account there? If so, please create one with "bonk" in the username somewhere and PM me the login info so that I may post.

After this experience (and the incompleteness of the converter) the likelihood of us actually going to phpbb3 is dropping fast.

EDIT: It goes from bad to worse, I figured I'd request they resend the activation email, it tells me there is no such account... so I try registering the same information again, it tells me the username is already in use... doesn't look good for phpbb... no sir...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:52:33 am by Bonk »

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: I need a working phpbb community login
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 10:53:43 am »
I have set up an account for you (I'll send you a PM) but when I tried to use the name Bonkers it was already taken, could that be your account?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 11:00:55 am »
...when I tried to use the name Bonkers it was already taken, could that be your account?
Nah... I searched through all 16 pages of posts by users *bonk* and none of them look like mine.

I have set up an account for you (I'll send you a PM)
Thanks bunches Nemesis!

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 11:11:26 am »
No problem Bonk. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."