Topic: Crossover free today (Tues Oct 28th)  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Crossover free today (Tues Oct 28th)
« on: October 28, 2008, 10:09:07 am »
Link to site

Visitors to the CodeWeaver site tomorrow will receive a promotional code entitling them to one free copy of CrossOver and will include complete support.

Codeweavers is a proprietary version of Wine and has Linux and Mac versions.  (Wine allows Linux/Mac to run Windows programs).
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Crossover free today (Tues Oct 28th)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 10:54:36 am »
 8)

Thanks for the link Nemesis, I registered and downloaded for when I get my PC set up again.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 11:09:09 am »
I signed up for a code and downloaded both Crossover Pro and Crossover Games as I wasn't sure what one I would use.  I probably won't use them so if anyone wants them just give me a yell.

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:53:39 am »
I signed up for a code and downloaded both Crossover Pro and Crossover Games as I wasn't sure what one I would use. 

What's the difference between the two?
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 01:08:58 pm »
8)

Thanks for the link Nemesis, I registered and downloaded for when I get my PC set up again.

Your welcome Bonk.  I just wish I'd known a day sooner to make sure people saw it early enough.

What's the difference between the two?

I've never used it before but I believe the one is optimized for games and the other for Office software.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 01:21:57 pm »
Crossover Pro is more set to run things like Microsoft Office, where Games adds in DirectX support so you can play things like WoW, EVE Online, and I even saw a link to Bridge Commander instructions in there.

I've personally gotten the SFC 1 and 2 demos running under Wine, but I haven't tried SFC 3 or any other full versions of the games.

Downloaded and signed up for the code for Crossover Games, figured that it'd also give me support for running Gmax, (that doesn't use hardware locks like my old copy of 3dsMax does, and I'm not enough of a masochist to try and get Sentinel running under Linux).  :)

Once I do get it all going though (including 3dsmax) it'll be "bye-bye Windows" for me.

My thoughts on Vista are pretty clear:
"Vista?  To upgrade my computer?  I'm sorry, I must've misunderstood you.. did you say Upgrade, or Downgrade?"

;)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 02:52:07 pm »

Ah damn, knew I should have spent more time here yesterday.
Nice promo though - wish I'd snagged it in time!

dave

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 06:58:49 am »
The site said the serial numbers might be a few days arriving, mine hasn't yet.  I'd be curious to know when they arrive for those of us who signed up.  Anyone get one yet?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 08:47:15 am »
Haven't gotten mine yet.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 09:15:34 am »
Got my registration email today. But it is telling me to download the product again after registration...  :huh:

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 09:25:09 am »
Now the games version linked in "My Downloads" on their site is the demo version...  >:(

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2008, 12:39:50 pm »
Now the crossover-pro link in the "My Downloads" section is dead. I'll assume their servers are overloaded. (I hope, unless the deal has been cancelled...)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2008, 12:47:00 am »
Mine arrived too.  It does say I'll need to download it again but I hope I don't have to (25 mb on dialup :().  I'll probably check it out on Sunday.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2008, 10:01:15 am »
Hiya peeps Just thought id let you know that i recieved  my code also and was taken to the dl page also. I didnt want the demo so i installed the one i had dl already  :). I was easy to install i just opened the terminal cd to where i dl it tothen typed into terminal sh install-crossover-games-7.1.2.sh   the installer came up and im now trying to install op in it. GL
Kurok

Ubuntu Hardy 8.04.1