Topic: Gamespy account prob in NEW OP Install  (Read 1301 times)

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
Gamespy account prob in NEW OP Install
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:24:08 am »
Hi all,

I have reinstalled SFC:OP (as well as Pesty's OP enhancement package) to a new computer and I seem to be able to log onto D2 OK because I get the 'patch check complete' message as well as the MOTD, and NO firewall message but it says to logon with my gamespy ID and NONE of the 5 accounts I've used on my old PC for D2 play will get me logged on, I get a gamespy ID not found message.

Do I need to copy from my old drive the gamespy.pf file from my old PC (or more files) or just copy over the entire OP directory ??

Gamespy arcade works fine with the ID's in question, and I've played a couple OP games on GSA with the gamespy account I'm trying to login to D2 with.

Any ideas whats going on ??
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Re: Gamespy account prob in NEW OP Install
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:33:19 am »
Try copying over your old SFC.ini
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
Re: Gamespy account prob in NEW OP Install
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:04:20 pm »
yup, the ini file did the trick- it was the top lines (I did a copy and paste) from the orig file to this new one. I guess I needed to start a single player campaign before attempting to connect online.
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"