Topic: Star Wars assault cruiser Released 9\7\08  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Star Wars assault cruiser Released 9\7\08
« on: September 02, 2008, 01:05:42 am »
Here is my replacement for the lame azz broadside missle cruiser in the Star Wars universe. I was thinking if the empire would have mixed up a little Victory class tech they would have come up with something like this.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 09:37:18 pm by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline sierracharlie

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Star Wars assault cruiser
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 01:27:15 pm »
I like the idea of converting older boats into support ships. This is a common practice in earth navies. Look at the change of mission of the surviving Iowa class BBs. They have been used as fire support now since the end of WW2.

Chopping the nose off for a massive hangar would be more in keeping with a carrier design though. Replacing the nose with a large capacity missle launcher battery would be more in line with the support purpose.

If the conversion doesnt need the atmospheric capability, the wings could be removed and replaced with launchers. In any case, I would suggest leaving the sides of the ship as they were.

Perhaps 2 variants? A fire support ship and a light cruiser/carrier?

BTW, I think the Vics you made are excellent and I would love to get my hands on more variants.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 04:25:26 pm »
Nice! The textures came out great IMHO. Keep those ships coming Kreeargh!

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 11:56:31 am »
looks great to me and the front bay looks like it has space for the old Imperial Dreadnought ships

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 10:06:34 am »
I definitely think you're on to something... Very cool...

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 11:57:46 pm »
Here is my thoughts on the weapon layout and the model to laugh at :P and destroy.
The ship is about 2/3 the size of a Victory class mrkI as for scale. Ill post scale pics if i can figure out how to port to 3ds in gmax i dont think you can render in gmax.
I did some texture changes and fixed some errors my 3ds did when porting to mod. 1/2 the maps did not port and 1/3 the polys were fliped.
I did NOT hard point this model to this pic though :smackhead: I was lucky to get it to .mod let alone hard pointed .
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock/4632-Faragut-class-Assault-cruiser-details.html#4632
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 12:13:09 am by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline Unknown Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 06:12:18 am »
Heees Back. I like the ship,...we have to chat, we have a lot to talk about. :rwoot: :drinkinsong: :dance:

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 09:45:32 pm »
Heees Back. I like the ship,...we have to chat, we have a lot to talk about. :rwoot: :drinkinsong: :dance:
Im finishing up Your Superstar destroyer next bro  ;) some guys over at the Eaw/foc community have been asking for it for a few months now  :thumbsup:
Im goan remap all the SW types including the your BSG so they will all have the same theme.  If the texture gurus wants to make them look canon all good atleast we will have one hell of a fleet to play with.
Time for life!