Topic: I Spy  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
I Spy
« on: July 15, 2008, 12:05:37 pm »
I picked up the first season of I Spy (very cheap) and liked it enough to pick up the next 2 seasons.

In Season 2 the leads are talking of their childhood and Cosby talks of his childhood friends "old Wierd Harold", Fat Johnson (rather that Fat Albert), "the Gray Ghost" and various other ones.  I wonder who wrote that scene and if Cosby ever gave them credit for the creation of his strange childhood friends.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: I Spy
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 12:52:08 pm »
At the end of Fat Albert, the movie, he and those same guys, who are living attend the gravesite of Fat Johnson. Some of them are still around, one was in a wheelchair, etc.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 01:01:08 pm »
I've seen the rest of the series now and there was an episode where Cosby is being interrogated while drugged and I can't clearly make out what he says but it sounds like he claimed his name is "Fat Albert", maybe I'm just hearing that because I know the connection between Cosby and that name.

I can see why the show was canceled.  In the 3rd season they started to be repetitive.   Repeated "you're a double agent", "you're friend is a double agent" and framed for murder by "a corpse being dumped in their parked car".   The acting was decent the repetitive story lines kill it.  Perhaps if they had done longer multi episode story lines and more repeat characters (an enemy people could hate) it might have lasted longer. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 01:31:34 pm »
Come to think of it, there really where quite a few good shows back then, I Spy, The man from uncle, The Prisoner, etc. heck I still catch Route 66 and Dragnet when they come on.

My best friends mother, was a teen when the film crew came through Claremore, Ok filming Route 66.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War