Topic: Star Trek Remastered on CBS.com!  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Star Trek Remastered on CBS.com!
« on: July 27, 2008, 10:52:47 pm »
http://www.cbs.com/hd/?show=star_trek_remastered

Only two episodes up right now, but I imagine the rest will be along eventually.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 11:48:16 pm by Lieutenant_Q »
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
Re: Star Trek Remastered on CBS.com!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 08:09:20 am »
Yep six are up now...... Can hardly wait for "The Enterprise Incident"  ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 08:57:49 am »
I can wait for the 3rd season and especially the enterprise incident. They changed the 3  rom d-7s to 2 d-7s and a bird of prey/warbird.  Tals' ship at the end firing disrupters hoping to hit the cloaked enterprise looks really poor. That and the number of weak scripts in the 3rd season hardly captures my enthusiasm. You can go to trekmovie.com and check out the tos remastered area and see al the fx reels of the shows that have aired so far.  Now as for august 5th and season 2, I'm ready for that. Too bad they didn't give us a good close-up of the dead excalibur in the "the ultimate computer".
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 10:43:52 am »
I haven't seen a lot of the Remastered Star Trek.  Something I am glad that this will be able to fix.

I seem to remember when they did the initial filming for "The Enterprise Incident" They dropped the Romulan Bird of Prey model while trying to get it on the Motion Control Arm.  They had to scramble and used the only alien model they had available, the Klingon D-7.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 10:56:49 am »
I heard the model was destroyed in a warehouse fire

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 12:07:31 pm »
Of the litany of stories regarding the Bird of Prey Model, those two are the most believable.  The one on the Wiki site seems to be the worst of all.  Wah destroyed it with a sledge hammer after not getting paid for it?  Thing is he would have been paid for it as soon as it was delivered, and I had a Behind the Scenes book regarding the Original Series (this is where I got the story of dropping the BoP model), that show receipts, Wah getting paid for the phasers and the communicators, the day they were delivered.  Why would the Bird of Prey model be an exception?