Topic: Another Take...  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
Another Take...
« on: August 20, 2008, 08:09:53 am »
On a Gorn Heavy-cruiser...
I had based the design on a few sketches that I did for the TOS Gorn cruiser I designed earlier this year:

This is the more finalized design based on those above sketches. Originally, I was talking to FoaS about some Gorn, and stated that I should just make some generic parts that would be good for bashing ship classes, but when I started this, it kinda took a life on to its own.  So, I'll still probably do that parts-idea, but it will be later.
This design in ways tries to hybridize details and styles of Gorn ship ideologies from KA/SFB, SFC, and FASA.  I like to joke that she's a Bastard-child of their styles.
Not entirely sure on where or what of the nacelles are (and yes, you would think that the designer would know, but I don't), but I feel it would be some convoluted design that would connect those dome-like structures on the aft sides, and those 2 pontoon-like structures on the ventral hull.  Even commented to WZ, how that this FTL system would be something that Scotty would have cursed and been pissed off about, should he have had the opportunity to examine it personally.
Oh, and I'd like to thank Rod O'Neal, for inspiring me to use his idea for the Gorn Plasma launchers to be a turret-like configuration.
Anyway, thanks again to the Deadman for his renders.
Enjoy:

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
Re: Another Take...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 09:06:36 am »
Cool cool! The SFC/SFB blend is interesting. Are the wings in the model pics at different angles or is it an elevation thing?

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 02:21:27 pm »
from the back it looks like a space hotrod

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 03:11:57 pm »
ATOLM rocks my world - again! :D

Very cool and original design; and the mesh looks like its coming along very nicely as well!

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 08:32:37 am »
Cool cool! The SFC/SFB blend is interesting. Are the wings in the model pics at different angles or is it an elevation thing?
they are the same and symmetrically placed, its a perspective illusion :)

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 11:33:59 am »
Are those plasma cannon turrets on the wings?