Topic: Burger King employee caught bathing in sink  (Read 2453 times)

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Burger King employee caught bathing in sink
« on: August 12, 2008, 07:18:39 pm »

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Burger King employee caught bathing in sink
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 08:41:32 pm »
Are you effing kidding me? There is more fecal matter in hamburger than there ever will be on Mr. Unstable's behind. Slaughterhouses out west give workers 10 seconds per carcass to remove the feces. Obviously not enough.

The sink was probably cleaner than it ever was after his bath. This society has become obsessive over hygiene - to its own detriment. Bacterial "super-bugs"... how do you think they arose?

A little perspective: the egg in your BK breakfast sandwich: chicken menstruation.
The cheese on your burger: spoiled solids from bovine lactation exudate.
Onions? They grow in dirt! OMFG! DIRT!

Jeebus.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 09:25:02 pm »
Actually, washing your hands for too short a period is sometimes worse than not washing them.  You expose the germs to the anti-bacterial agent in the soap, but not long enough for it to kill them.  The result is germs with immunity to that agent.

Good rule of thumb when washing is to use the "happy birthday" rule.  Work the lather for the amount of time it takes to sing the full verse of "Happy birthday to you" from start to finish before removing the soap.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 10:53:10 pm »
Health Department officials plan to talk with prosecutors to see if any criminal charges will be filed, but they don't have any plans to issue fines at this time.

Hope they took a flotation device overboard with them.

Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 05:15:50 am »
Actually, washing your hands for too short a period is sometimes worse than not washing them.  You expose the germs to the anti-bacterial agent in the soap, but not long enough for it to kill them.  The result is germs with immunity to that agent.

Exactly, SOAP is anti-bacterial, one needs nothing more. All these hand sanitisers do nothing but breed resistance in bacteria to antibacterial agents. Bacteria have never been and never will be resistant to high concentrations of ionic surfactants (soap). Soap with additional redundant and possibly dangerous anti-bacterial agents? Good waste of money.

Where do you find the largest numbers of resistant strains of bacteria? Hospitals. Where do you find the most "anti-bacterial" agents? In hospitals.

Note however that, I have soaked pseudomonas ariginosa on steel in 95% ethanol for a week and they survived. Biofilm. Polysaccharide exudate of bateria that protects them (xanthan gum food additive is the same stuff - bacterial slime - tooth plaque is another). All these alcohol based sanitisers will have similar effectiveness on hands without using any soap or a good scrub.

Plain old soap and mechanical abrasion are the most effective antibacterial agents. Antiibiotics are a downward spiral.

You see we also have an immune system that protects us. (as well as a very agressive digestion process) The less our immune system is exposed to stuff the weaker it becomes. I have not had a bacterial infection (many bacterial colonies in us are beneficial) in many many years, yet I am not a fanatical hand washer, nor do I have the sanitation paranoia that has consumed our society.

Note, I am an analytical chemist and cleaner by trade. I know clean and I know when it matters.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 05:44:17 am by Bonk »

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2008, 03:31:40 pm »
Hey Bonk,

I've always wondered something and maybe you know: When you wash your hands and the dirt/grease mixes in with the lather and turns it that brownish-gray color; is that clean dirt or dirty soap at that point?  ;D ;)

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 04:05:49 pm »
Suddenly the term special sauce takes on new meaning...

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 05:46:43 am »
I'm getting hungry.

And these days I sometimes just wash my hands and feet with some bleached mixed with water.  I tend to mop with a spray bottle of water with bleached.

The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 05:04:49 am »
As a chemist or a cleaner I often wash my hands BEFORE going to the bathroom, not after. Far more important for safety.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 08:26:08 am »
Yep..you know where Tom the Trouser Trout been, you have no idea who's been handling the stuff in the mens room.

Who else uses a paper towel to open the door?  So you don't touch the handle where all the guys who DIDN't wash their hands touched?
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 06:39:24 pm »
Who else uses a paper towel to open the door?  So you don't touch the handle where all the guys who DIDN't wash their hands touched?

Don't forget elbows for outward swinging doors. I prefer to avoid the metal plate altogether if possible.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."