Topic: GAFY does it again!!!  (Read 13110 times)

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
Re: GAFY does it again!!!
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2008, 12:04:02 am »
I really like the way GAFY?'s done the deflector and the impulse crystal. I like the plating as well. Real good, but that's no surprise with GAFY?.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2008, 11:21:55 am »
Please release the textures soon!!!!!!!!!!! They are absolutely awesome. I can't wait to remodel my Valiant!

GAFY - my favorite part is the deflector. Before this my other favorite deflector was yours as well - the one form the Chabot.

Nice work - thanks for sharing!

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2008, 04:21:48 pm »
Well, I decided to make some renders of the ship with the updated textures that GAFY sent.  2 of the pics are closeups of the deflector.  Is it just me, or is anyone else reminded of Iron Man when looking at the deflector?

on the edge of the saucer, is it a phaser emitter?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2008, 05:05:20 pm »
Well, I decided to make some renders of the ship with the updated textures that GAFY sent.  2 of the pics are closeups of the deflector.  Is it just me, or is anyone else reminded of Iron Man when looking at the deflector?

on the edge of the saucer, is it a phaser emitter?

No. The giant phaser strips are the phasers. The dark spots on the edge of the saucer are dark spots on the edge of the saucer. If they are more than decoration, then they are sensor palettes.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2008, 05:20:17 pm »
ok, i was wondering what was the ring on the edge, nice texture for the ship  ;)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2008, 06:32:55 pm »
Please release the textures soon!!!!!!!!!!! They are absolutely awesome. I can't wait to remodel my Valiant!

GAFY - my favorite part is the deflector. Before this my other favorite deflector was yours as well - the one form the Chabot.

Nice work - thanks for sharing!

Thanks,

The release is out of my hands and in Cents. Mostly it is based on time available for him to work on it. I know my time has gotten very tight again and it is going to delay things I am currently doing again. Both ships have altnerates folders with various different textures in them. The Argentina has different Deflectors, Warp, and Impulse textures, as well as Blanks. It also has the main set at different quality levels, low medium and High, for those who want smoother game play. I believe the ship is mostly down to testing though
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2009, 10:15:32 pm »
Did these guys ever get released?
or did they end up as part of the mod you are doing instead of a general release.

If it is because you are still thinking of a background story use this one

"You figure it out, it is the only way it will work in your universe anyways!"
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2009, 05:36:55 pm »
I'm not gonna release a backstory for the ships.  Instead, I'm gonna finalize their specs and release them for all SFC versions.

The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2009, 03:56:23 pm »
HERE THEY ARE!!!

Eisenhower TMP:

http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/;97673

Eisenhower TNG:

http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/;97675

There are versions of both ships available for SFC1, SFC2, and SFC OP in the Alternates folder in each ship, along with alternate and blank textures for each ship.

I know it's been a long wait, but at least they're finally released.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2009, 04:58:22 pm »
Job well done GAFY and F9 - you've taken an already awesome design by WZ and made ti even better with theses textures!

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2009, 06:23:56 am »
WOW Great job there those textures really enhance it and that deflector is very nice Repuslor beams the for runner to Deflector
technology developed by Stark Industries.    ;D

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2009, 03:29:58 pm »
Cool deal so they finally made it out of mothballs

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2009, 05:32:03 pm »
They were never in mothballs.  I was though.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2009, 04:00:17 pm »
Just a Bump to let people know that these two guys are released

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2009, 09:58:34 pm »

Link please.

And great work fellas.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:09:15 pm by Fedman NCC-3758 »
The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2009, 11:24:20 pm »

Link please.

And great work fellas.

Scroll up.  Links have been posted since release.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2009, 11:46:00 am »
HERE THEY ARE!!!

Eisenhower TMP:

http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/;97673

Eisenhower TNG:

http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/;97675

There are versions of both ships available for SFC1, SFC2, and SFC OP in the Alternates folder in each ship, along with alternate and blank textures for each ship.

I know it's been a long wait, but at least they're finally released.

Last bump from me so this one disappears after this
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 12:06:15 pm by GotAFarmYet? »

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I am a stranger to myself
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2009, 02:59:42 pm »
GAFY? is awesome.  I could see a GAFY?-like texture set of the Defiant-Class.  I know you don't like tNG, but the Defiant's hull is (almost) uniquely suited to your texture styles.  I'm thinkin' LC Amaral/Legacy's Defiant.  I think pnuemonic81's Defiant is the one I used (LCAmaral's stuff never-ever has the HP's mapped, and no-one has answered my pleas to provide HP maps for his stuff), but I'm not too sure.  Still, it'd work!
There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish, sometimes
-the 4th Doctor, Doctor Who, "Robot"

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2009, 09:59:17 pm »
Wow here is a topic back from the forum depths!
this thing was probably on page 50 by now

Anyhow as always needs pics of what is being talked about, as I don't tend to follow or remember everything. Speaking of ppl who do/did what ever happened to ModelsPlease?

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 12:07:16 pm »
I wasn't going to be the firs to ask, but I too have been concerned. I hope he returns soon (if possible).