Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: October 25, 2008, 03:23:13 pm

Topic: Working Hours  (Read 5528 times)

Offline Capt. Mike

• Live from Granpa's Grotto
  • Captain
Re: Working Hours
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 08:45:19 pm »
Hey, all I can say mohab..I joined a service smart enough to send their officers out to fight  :laugh: 

"Yessir Capt., you bring that plane back, we'll fix it  ;D "

But trust me, I've led some 2nd Lt.s through the maintenance complex, and alot are amazed at what goes on and the professionalism of the folks.

And the pilots do work hard..constant training, alerts status, and just the fact you're a target up there while I'm sleeping in my quarters warm and happy with my wife...

But then, there are advantages to being a BUFF or tanker pilot...you got a bathroom   :angel: 

Mike
Summum ius summa iniuria.

The more law, the less justice.

Cicero, De Officiis, I, 33

"It doesn't, and you can't, I won't, and it don't
it hasn't, it isn't, it even ain't, and it shouldn't
it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

My chops were not as fast...[but] I just leaned more on what was in my mind than what was in my chops.  I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with twenty notes.
 --Les Paul

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 11:15:01 pm »
he he, Mohab I got your joke when i first read it ;) (and of course I couldn't help but say something ;)), My father was prior before he went through ROTC, so i've heard that line before (and from my cousins);) (and I also agree for the most part, at least once your not a 2LT in transition waiting for school... then yoru getting tasked w/ work that A1Cs don't have time to do ;)).  As for my current AFSC, it was changed a while ago, I'm currently in space and missile.  I do not wish to go into the details about the change other than to say that certain actions, mine and others, cost me my pilot slot.  I can try for it again in two years, though it will be much more difficult.

As for my commitment, there is a standard 5 year commitment for the academy education.  For pilots, the additional pilot training adds another 5 years.  If i were to try, i could go to school for my masters at AF expense (very hard to do) for additional commitments.  As it stands right now I have a 5 year commitment.  At one point I was sure that I would do 20 years, right now its up in the air.

As for the classes.. I'll let you know when i get to those, I have ASBC (an lt training thing) which is going to be a bore for me (its so that every lt is on the same footing in regards to military education... academy kids, OTS have had a lot of this, ROTC kids not so much)  Then i have School in April, Space 100 - which determines where in this career feild i will go (hopefully Space Lift)

O, and when I do get my Pilot slot back, I'll be flying helos, not fighters ;)
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 05:22:13 am »
i don't have a job, I'm looking for one but all i do is send my resume and wait.

since i don't have a diploma of anything and no special experience in anything special its hard to get a job.

some place have the adds show for more that a year and don't hire.

Offline Grand Master of Shadows NCC37385

• Captain
  • 107th Confederate Militia! Sic Semper Tyrannis
    • Gun Kit Builders
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 09:16:47 am »
I work a full time job, with very flexible hours (30-50 hours a week depending upon when they need me). I work for a company that repairs old textile machinery. I work very odd hours. When Im not working for them, I work my farm,make furniture and repair antique firearms and furniture. It helps that Im an insomniac.  ;D

I'm God's gift to women!

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.-Robert A. Heinlein

Help control the idiot population. Have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 02:37:59 am »
I work anywhere from 40 to 60 hours a week. It just depends on the who and what we have to watch ;)

[img width=600 height=150]