Topic: Script Request: Random Fleet Multiplayer  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Script Request: Random Fleet Multiplayer
« on: November 06, 2008, 02:46:58 pm »
One of my favorite single-player skirmish missions is the Hostile Skirmish.  I usually set it up to Early Era, where I set my fleet to 3 Cruisers, and set the random parameters for the other five AIs to High BPV, 3 ships ranging from Frigate to Heavy Cruiser.  Set it up for a 3v3 and I wind up with a 9 v 9 "fleet" battle.

How hard would it be to expand on the existing Random Space Battle Multiplayer script to make it work 9 v 9 or better (12 v 12 or 15 v 15)?

Also making it so that the selected fleets are random, but balanced.  Currently the Random Space Battle script spawns everyone in similar size ships.  For Example if a DN is chosen in a Fed vs Klingon 3v3 the fed side is all F-DNL, and the Klingon side is all K-C5Ks.  The only time a variety comes into play is when the HDW or the DW class is selected.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Script Request: Random Fleet Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 04:24:37 pm »
Have you tried Co-op Ace for EAW and OP? It is a blast with the OP+ shiplist or any big mod.  :thumbsup: Check out the testimonials. ;)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: Script Request: Random Fleet Multiplayer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 04:48:32 pm »
I play Co-Op Ace a lot, but it doesn't support the fleet action on both sides.  Unless Human side is all humans.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)