Topic: Have you watched too much BSG?  (Read 2896 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Have you watched too much BSG?
« on: February 11, 2009, 12:04:49 pm »
11.     You get nervous every 33 minutes if you stay in the same place.
10.    Tricia Helfer and Grace Park want to have a threesome with you, but you refuse because you won't do it with machines.
9.    You refer to yourself as a 13th colonial.
8.    You've replaced "prepare to make the jump to light speed" with "spin up the FTL drive" in your vocabulary.
7.    You shot your toaster.
6.    When you heard Starbucks was closing shops, you felt sad for a moment, but then it passed.

Link to full list.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Have you watched too much BSG?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 12:40:12 pm »
LOL, Good one. I'm going to remember the "Twin" one.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:10:22 pm »
I say Felger a lot. :)

I also at times say, completely out of the blue:

There are those who believe, that life here, began out there, far across the universe.
With Tribe of Humans, who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans.
They may have been the architects of the Great Pyramids.
Or the lost civilizations of Lemuria, or Atlantis.
There are those who believe that there may yet be brothers of man, who even now fight to survive, somewhere beyond the heavens..

Cue music :D
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 05:36:18 pm »
I've never watched the new BSG myself but I knew we had enough fans here to get a laugh at it.

I only recently finally saw Battlestar 1980 (on DVD), my reaction was that they obviously had no clue what they had as a series at that point.  They essentially threw out everything that made people fans of the original series and put nothing in its place.   :thumbsdown:
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 05:51:42 pm »
Oh, c'mon, Camping trips with kids, shopping, Nazi's. Soda pop Opera get's no better then that. :D

<sarcasm of course>

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 06:20:31 pm »
I was recently reading Glen Larson's thoughts on Galactica 1980.  He absolutely hated it, for whatever reason, the studios had primary creative control over what was aired, rather than him.  Larson begged and pleaded with the studios to let him do something, and the studios, watching the ratings tank, asked him what he was going to do.  Larson responded, "I'm going to bring Starbuck back."  The studios were ecstatic, a change to drag the ratings out of the crapper, but the actors weren't quite as thrilled, they were raising quite a stink over what they thought their role was going to be in there.  They didn't want to be second fiddle to Dirk Benedict, but wanted the chance for the series to succeed, so they were willing to play along for one week.  Then Larson told them that they shouldn't even bother showing up during the filming.

They told the studios and Larson that they were going to strike.  Didn't matter, Starbuck couldn't save that god-awful show.  A later made for TV movie has a US Astronaut find a log book drifting in space.  The log book was Commander Adama's log, made prior to the events that "The Return of Starbuck" portrayed, the assumption that was supposed to be made was that Galactica did not survive the battle that Starbuck was stranded.  Hence the events in Galactica 1980 never happened.  That movie is what most Old Series BSG fans use to claim that 1980 never happened. 
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 07:30:17 pm »
I've always placed Galactica 1980 in the same category as Rocky V and ST: Nemesis. IT NEVER HAPPENED. There are some things that just need to be erased from everybody's memories.

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 08:43:45 pm »
ST: Nemesis

That name is one I wish they hadn't used.  (Didn't care for the movie itself either.)

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 10:05:16 pm »
I've always placed Galactica 1980 in the same category as Rocky V and ST: Nemesis. IT NEVER HAPPENED. There are some things that just need to be erased from everybody's memories.

I was young when it was out, but I liked the 1980 Battlestar Galactica.  But only about the first half before they started to really stretch the storyline to much.  Although I was never a big fan of the Dagget. (however you spell the dogs name)
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 08:56:49 pm »
I enjoyed Nemesis...think it is too often reviled by Trekkies...Trekkers...whatever you call us.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.