Topic: How many ways to say I hate textureing  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
How many ways to say I hate textureing
« on: July 05, 2009, 12:34:49 am »
Too damn many, but its broke up again and I'm texturing it again. Why again, because the file got corrupted again and would not open. It happend after a pop up box wanted me to visit the turbosquid forums and register it. And I allready did that stuff.

Man I want my regular max back but that wont be until at least October before I can get back to okc as I'm getting sick of this place out here. 

And I'm starting to hate union shops, bunch of lazy ass mofo's

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: How many ways to say I hate textureing
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 01:43:30 pm »
Its not the texturing so much for as the mapping that I hate.

Anyways with any free or inexpensive program backup the file before you open it. Anyways I hope you get home soon as well, I know what it is like to have to travel.

As for the Union shops they had their places in the past and really helped the fair labor laws come around. Unfortuantly any place that has protection for the lazy allows everyone to get lazy. In this day in age that equates to a higher cost and eventual closing of the company as a competiter will now be able to take them down.

People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 02:07:00 pm »
Well it's the back up that would not open, so I had to make it again. But I got it done again converted again and now a new problem is  happening, some shadowing effects are showing up, and I don't know why, as Iv'e checked and double check to make sure everything is the same texture wise and every thing was attached but I still get the shadowing.

I've tried saveing with and without forced smoothing  and still the shadowing, I'm not sure if it's a gmax thing or not so If any one wants to look at it for me in regular max I'll be happy to send you the files. I can send both  the mod file and regular file if any one is interested.

As it stands Im not uploading it anytime soon till I get this issue sorted out. And Ill get some pictures posted up in a bit to show what i'm talking about.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 11:30:17 pm »
It might be the verts that are causeing the shadowing, try welding the verts on the sections that were detached.
Time for life!