Topic: Question from a tinkerer  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Vipre

• Commander
Question from a tinkerer
« on: July 04, 2015, 08:59:23 pm »
I've been using this setup for model conversion to SFC1, after puzzling out the missing steps, and was wondering if there's a way to make minor edits to a mesh during the process?

Open up the model in Gmax 1.2 (import)
Go to the Material Navigator The 3 ballons in the upper corner
You will have to select each texture seperatily, by doulble clicking on it, which will open the material editor
Look towards the bottom at the header for maps
click the + sign to open that group, deselect the self-illumination map.
click the padlock button on the right of the box, the "none" option will highlight
drag "none" to the box with the illumination texture filename

Once you do this for all the textures in the directory that have light maps export the model to a *.mod file. I usually put a _SFC1 or _1 (name_1) to the file so I don't over right the orginal

Edits to original by me in red.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
Re: Question from a tinkerer
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 03:27:28 am »
Yes you can.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 03:36:18 am »
How exactly? I'd like to be able to import an sfc model and reposition the nacelles but I don't know how to or if I can as the model seems to be a solid piece and can only be selected as a whole.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 01:03:46 pm »
Thank you, I'll look those videos up.

In gmax you right click on the model and collapse to editable mesh, select the polygon mode, highlight the nacelle either one at a time or both

Ah...I think I did this by accident last night, I was trying to figure out how I'd done it. Thanks again.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 04:10:27 pm »
You can also do some of this in the SFC2EDv2 program. I've done a few little bashes in that; would gmax be better?

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 03:10:14 pm »
I figured it out. Thank you both, I was finally able to make an edit I've wanted to do for years.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,