Topic: My holiday project, just a texture  (Read 2021 times)

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
My holiday project, just a texture
« on: December 28, 2009, 03:00:45 pm »
Ok for years I've been meaning to do something to update all the ships I have with Moonraker's screencap warps.  Seems most have them, and it frustrated me that in 9 years later they are still being put on ships.

so, here is my attempt.  I have the black grid on the end to work with ships that do a wraparound on the end of the warps.. I can get a better look than wrapping the pipe texture, so thats why it is set up that way.   Also have a little blobble that can generally work as a disruptor port, depending on the front wrap.

I should point out, I never had a real issue with Moonraker's warps or textures, without them a generation of ships would never have been and I still appreciate that early work. I still have the chronos pack I downloaded in 2001 somehow, it got saved to disk.  I just prefer drawn art, and was inspired by some of the really nice work done on Federation ships in that style.

I had a lot of fun with this. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 03:14:11 pm by KBF_Gow »

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
Re: My holiday project, just a texture
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 03:48:49 pm »
Mmmm, sexy
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 04:13:19 pm »
nice glad to c you in action again.
Real good texture there

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 08:54:32 pm »
 ;D Nicely done.

It's amazing how much diversity the Klingon Warp engines can get with a well done retexture.

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline KBF_Gow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 11:25:32 pm »
heya KF, another old name :)  I liked the warps you put on your K'terenmy, I like seeing variation on Kling hulls like that.

I guess the only thing that bugged me about Moonrakers warps is that they fit so well with the rest of textures taken from the studio model pics, but, I always felt them a bit jarring on newer sharper paneled ships, but thats just me.

anyhow, the companion inner map.  If the image from here works after the bmp to jpg conversion anyone can feel free to take these and play with them.