Topic: Sir! patrick stewart!  (Read 3169 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
Sir! patrick stewart!
« on: December 31, 2009, 08:45:26 am »
that's right folks! captain picard himself ( and gurney halleck for us dune freaks) is to be knighted by the queen of merry old england!

congratulations old chap! i think he definitely deserves and has earned the title...
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Sir! patrick stewart!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 09:05:31 am »
 :) Aye,. Very Cool.....besides the obvious anachronism of royal titles.
FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Director - Diplomatic Division

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 10:01:38 am »
Just for that, I dub thee Sir Kehak!
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:12:35 pm »
I used to go to conventions when I was younger.  Stewart comes off as something of an #$$hole in person.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 01:18:58 pm »
I used to go to conventions when I was younger.  Stewart comes off as something of an #$$hole in person.

That's a shame. I had heard things about Shatner being like that, but Stewart always seemed like a good guy (at least on the show). You just got bad vibes?

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 01:23:33 pm »
Shatner isn't as bad.  Supposedly he's difficult to work with, but that's not something I would have personal experience with.  Generally, the only fans he was rude to were the really extremist ones.  Stewart went off on everyone who asked a question he didn't feel like answering, and spent half of the convention ranting about some idiot who showed up at a play he was doing in a starfleet uniform.

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 01:37:44 pm »
I saw him perform The Tempest once in NYC (as Prospero), and he chatted with the audience a bit afterwards. He seemed to me a very friendly and genial guy.

I'm glad Lizzie is giving him his props. He was an awesome actor long before Star Trek.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 02:31:24 pm »
did the topic of Star Trek come up at all?  Maybe that's what sets him off?

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 02:51:16 pm »
did the topic of Star Trek come up at all?  Maybe that's what sets him off?

I can imagine that being it. I know that Sir Alec Guinness didn't like being best-known for his role as Obi-Wan, so maybe that's like that.

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 08:13:02 pm »
Maybe, but if he has that attitude he should try to leave it behind when he makes an appearance at a convention where Trek fans are paying money to meet him.

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 02:36:56 am »
i met him several years ago at a trek convention here in iowa and he was awesome! he spent time with each person who wanted an autograph and chatted with them very friendly like. shatner was a giant cocktard when i met him. he wouldn't sign autographs, no pictures allowed, and left as soon as he was able to.

hopefully you just caught him on a bad day, i have known others who have met him and had good experiences with him.

george  takei was the most friendly of all trek stars that i have met. very down to earth.

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 11:49:27 am »
From my own experience, the nicest Trek actress was Grace Lee Whitney.  James Doohan was also very friendly.  Shatner for the most part was fairly decent, and told us the story of the time he set the dogs on Leonard Nimoy.  Robert Picardo was the best showman.  You knew that when you saw him walking on stage carrying a cutout of seven of nine and humming that you were going to be laughing your head off.  Michael Dorn was a bit odd in that he made certain requests to creation concerning the lighting.  Terry Ferrell was somewhat flirty.  Nimoy's a bit confused.  He charged fans to listen to his poetry.  I of course didn't go to that, because its supposed to be the other way around.  He's supposed to pay me to sit through that.  And you know of my experience with Stewart.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 09:46:32 pm »
My father had an encounter with James Doohan shortly before I was born.  He met him at a convention in Grand Rapids, MI.  After the convention was over he spent about 15 minutes talking one on one with Doohan.  My father mentioned how polite he was the whole time, and even when someone came over and interrupted them (to get James to sign something for him), James looked at the person and said, "Excuse me, I'm having a conversation with this lad right now."
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 04:38:35 pm »
Terry Ferrell was awesome!!!! i got to see her here in iowa (her home state). she gave me a peck on the cheek when i told her that i thought she was cuter that 7 of 9. great story. i can see why you say she was flirty. she was very flirty with the guys in line for autographs.

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 09:56:23 pm »
But did you tell her she's only cuter with the spots?
Fleet Vice Admiral 762