Topic: Lost my fighters in OP  (Read 1785 times)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
Lost my fighters in OP
« on: April 22, 2010, 09:28:18 am »
weirdness - I was modding a shiplist/ftrlist, giving Feds some PFs, fighters to Roms, that sort of thing. It's been an ongoing project but it's been working fine for a couple of years. The other day the fighter tab in Spacedock stopped working for every fleet. Tried to fix it, no luck, so I put the original files back into specs, but still no joy?? what's up with that?

Any advice?

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: Lost my fighters in OP
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 03:23:58 pm »
While you are modding, you are replacing Both shiplists and Both Ftrlists right?

the game uses the Shiplist for the Dynaverse Campaign and the Skirmish mode from the MetaAssets folder.

when CRC checking online it validates the Assets/Specs folder, however resources are drawn from the MetaAssets folder. Your ship Specs come from the Assets/Specs folder, however the game engine will arbitrarialy pull from the MetaAssets folder or the Assets/Specs folder.

Recommendation is to delete any saved games and verify that both shiplists and Ftrlists are identical in both locations.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Drahsis

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 05:08:05 pm »
I had this happen to me too... found the answer buried in here...

Right click your OP shortcut.  Then click on Properties.  The "Start In" folder should point to the folder where OP is installed (usually C:\Program Files\Taldren Software Inc\Starfleet Command Orion Pirates).

If your's doesn't say this, change it and see if that helps.  It fixed mine.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 05:19:09 pm »
Yeah, I did replace it in both places (I use a .bat file for my different mods that replaces shiplists/ftrlists/strings, etc)

Weird resolution - after walking away for a couple hours, started up again and worked fine, fighters were there. Then I loaded an earlier version of my modded ship/ftrlists and my Fed PFs and Romulan Fighters were there. So must've just corrupted the new one I was making.

Thanks, I didn't know that the game arbitrarily pulls from MetaAssetts amd Assets. BTW, what is CRC?

And, if anyone knows, I'm using "Neutral" as my fighter donor race at the top of my ftrlist, and the Gorns as my PF donor race. Anyone ever have any bugs with those?

Drahsis, just saw your post, I'll doublecheck my shortcut, thanks.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 09:21:37 am »
also make sure you are launching from the StasrfleetOP.exe game file and not the SFCOP.exe .. the sfcop.exe is bugged.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team