Topic: =/\= new dark matter map and leonids 2010 also usb is satan's tool!  (Read 1808 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
first up for today is a great new story from the hubble files! a new map of the dark matter in the universe done with the hubble telescope and the team at JPL provides the most detailed look yet at dark matter! there is even a cool video!

article here: http://news.discovery.com/space/mapping-dark-matter-with-a-cosmic-lens.html

second up is a story at national geographic talking about the leonid meteor shower that will peak wednesday and thursday. the best viewing for north america will be very late tonight. set those alarm clocks!!!

article here: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/11/101116-science-space-2010-leonids-meteor-shower-peak-best-sky-show/

finally, from the wacko files a group of conservative christians in brazil have banned usb devices in their homes. they claim that since the symbol of usb is the trident, that satan is being worshiped every time you use a usb device or even if you just have it in your homes! this is a prime example of why people need to think for themselves and not be controlled by dogma. remember, my karma ran over your dogma!

wacky article here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2010/nov/15/3
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: =/\= new dark matter map and leonids 2010 also usb is satan's tool!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 10:11:02 pm »
Don't know about the USB thing, but we all know from their logo that Citgo is in league with the King of Evil.  That's right They're servants of Ganon.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 04:22:46 am »
But... what about poor 'ol Poseidon? What's a god of the sea got to do to get a little repsect?

I also have this theory on dark matter. There is none. It is energy under the utilisation of intelligences. Interestingly, these people distinguish the two. I do not.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 08:28:59 am »
finally, from the wacko files a group of conservative christians in brazil have banned usb devices in their homes. they claim that since the symbol of usb is the trident, that satan is being worshiped every time you use a usb device or even if you just have it in your homes! this is a prime example of why people need to think for themselves and not be controlled by dogma. remember, my karma ran over your dogma!

According to some sources I've seen the original source for this is a humour site. 

Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."