Topic: ATRA-HASIS' Hornet revamped  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
ATRA-HASIS' Hornet revamped
« on: June 04, 2011, 03:59:22 pm »
For thoughs that know the original model she is one of the oldest in the community having been released in 2000 acoirfing to thr readme. Based on one of the Excellsior study models both the mesh and textures where showing there age. So I decided to revamp her so she would better fit my personal fleet which is based heavly on P81 meshes and kit bashes. 8) While  ATRA-HASIS intended for here to represent the Renaissance class I think she fita an older smaller class like Merced better. So for your viewing pleasure I present the revamed ATRA-HASIS/P81/starfox1701 Renaissance/Merced mesh :) Textures still need some polishing C&C Please.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Re: ATRA-HASIS' Hornet revamped
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 09:37:46 pm »
The oberth was real small compaired to the tmp enterprise. So thin up the oberth warp and make it longer to fit atleast the Excel scale of a warp. That will make it look better.  Short and fat dont look well i think but thats just my opinion.
Time for life!

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:32:21 pm »
In my personal stuff I run a 298m Oberth because an after examining all the evidence I feel it supports the larger size; especially after seeing this pic. Note the standard docking port. I know the ship was intended to be smaller and not everyone will agree with my conclution but it's my personal stuff so :P ;) On how I came to the finall look for the mesh I went through this thought process.

1 This is based on a study model so that model lacks the polish if a finished studio model forcing me try and polish the design without straying to far from the base design.

2 I concluded for the pupose of this project that the ship would be entering sevice at a time in between Excelsior and Ambassador. To that end I have tried to make the ship seggest an evolutionary link between both Excelsior's and Ambassador's overall shapes. Also the study model's necelles are obvously on the design path for Obreth necelles.

3 The Constitution bridge modual and Oberth Necelles set the scale showing a ship around 330m long

4 Saucer and Necelle placement along with neck and pylon shape are evolutionaly between both designs. Saucer shape is experamentation with smother forward field propagation that leads ultimately to the Galaxy Class Saucer.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 09:32:23 am by Starfox1701 »

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 06:31:08 am »
nicely done  ;D

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 05:37:58 pm »
So thin up the oberth warp and make it longer to fit atleast the Excel scale of a warp. That will make it look better

I may still tinker with the Necelle length but I won't be untill I have all the other study models done as they all seam to use simaler engines.

nicely done  ;D

Thanks

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 08:19:33 pm »
Nice to dust off some ships to see where the old mod gods staerted from...

Nice logic for the Oberth. There's  a Chandley class kitbash out there with the Oberth's sensor pod I use as a Galactic Survey Cruiser. I nevr thought about the Oberth's actual size before this post.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 01:54:43 am »
Thanks I treat Oberth like a combo super scout/ exploration cruiser. She is really the TMP protype for a GSC. I've seen the Chandley. Makes alot of sence when you think about her supossing to be a SF Marine assult ship. They would love to jam enemey firecontrole.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 01:59:17 am »
I tend to subscribe to the 150m idea for the oberth if only because I think it helps fill a certain modular nitch in the Fed line up - I'll ignore the MSD and all that to let it do that :)

The hornet looks damned good though :)
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 06:30:05 pm »
Thanks man ;D