Topic: Star Trek Phoenix  (Read 7027 times)

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Star Trek Phoenix
« on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:27 pm »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:43:23 am by Captain Adam »
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Star Trek Phoenix
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:46:14 pm »
I don't think anyone has, no.

Honestly? it's not my thing: it's very hard to satisfy me when it comes to Post-TNG designs :(
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 02:56:24 pm »
She is fannon but very well done. Thoughs boys over ther really know their stuff ;)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 12:21:42 pm »
I dig the look, nice ship.

I'm also a big fan of what they call "Insignia Class" - it seems based on the conjectural future replacements for the Galaxy Class, in the TNG Tech manual; the wedges are swappable for different missions

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 01:13:12 pm »
Only thing I dislike was the background info on the ship, it's reported it carries a crew of 10,000. I'm like whoa, that's a bit excessive. After all the galaxy class blunders and other Starfleet vessels, I dont think Starfleet would again risk having such huge crews... But I do like the ship as an explorer, slightly larger than the sovereign...

"Risk is part of the business if you want to sit in that chair" - Cpt. James T. Kirk

intermech

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 01:48:33 pm »
I really think Federation starship sizes should have topped out at the Excelsior, maybe the Galaxy if you really want to push it for autonomous deep space exploration or colonization. If technology increases, number of crew should be able to be decreased and required space for machinery and equipment should also decrease. To commission a ship this size committed to combat or Federation patrol is putting all of your eggs in one basket.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 02:33:34 pm »
I agree with that, the galaxy class was just far too large (think Battleship size) for what it was doing.  Too much resources in building, and thus when one went down the entire Federation kinda goes... ouch.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

intermech

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 05:12:32 pm »
From an esthetic view point , I think the shuttle cove at the ventral side of the secondary hull should be moved forward so we can see star light between the warp and the hull at the Bussard in the elevation view. The underside of the saucer needs a more interesting profile like a protruding sensor dome, torpedo launcher pylon like the Sovereign, or an easily identifiable captain's yacht. The dorsal portion of the secondary hull needs some spicing up too, but I got nothing there. Maybe add some large protruding sensor pods to each side of the upper secondary hull to break up the continuous window pattern. Finally, the big U-shaped swimming pool on the top of the saucer needs to have a constant width. It seems to be wide at the ends and the middle, but skinny-up on the sides.