Topic: =/\= solstice lunar eclipse can be seen in north america  (Read 1930 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: =/\= solstice lunar eclipse can be seen in north america
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 03:11:31 am »
I could almost swear that the actual solstice has already passed here. But a lunar eclipse in a few days will look amazing here. It's about 2 hours ahead of moonset out there right now and it is like the light of day with the kiss of snow on the ground.

I might fart around with manual settings on my digital camera and see if I can capture it. I seem to recall the shade from last time.

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 02:16:25 am »
*sigh* Freakin clouds are ruining this experience....
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 12:45:56 pm »
I saw part of it (fell asleep before I could get the full effect). It was pretty awesome. Apparently there was also a meteor shower.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:50:54 pm »
Had no chance here as a storm came in last night and it was snowing.  Had eight inches by the time I left for work at 0530 with another two or so by 1500 when I got home. Other than the glacier left by the plow it was light and easy to shovel.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 06:58:38 pm »
Same here six inches over night so no moon. Will have to catch the next solstice eclipse. I think it is only around 500 years or so.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 08:16:32 pm »
i am goddamn 0-3 for celestial events this year! perseids... cloudy and overcast. leonids.... cloudy and overcast. lunar eclipse... snowing and completely overcast! grrrrrrrrr!!! i want pics folks
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-